Holey Moley Patooti Bootie ... 8.27 7wk~only a mom can love

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had my doubts that she was pregnant... but the haystashing proved me otherwise.
Now.... when she has these babies.... where is she going to put them? Her box is getting full and she's not stopping, LOL

Attachments

• Dawn's bucket.jpg
    Dawn's bucket.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 867
*fingers crossed for healthy kits soon*

Just a note- depending on the temps where you are, you might want to consider some air holes in the nest box for circulation. That might get awfully hot in there.

I think it was before RT and if I do they are on my rabbits disc... (from before one of many computer crashes). :) NOW I have an external hard drive and pics saved in two separate places. See... I get smart. :)

where that disc is right now... well... .... I dunno. :)

They were all chinchilla. Some with a full mane. about 10 lbs as they were out of a big ole doe I had of mixed parentage... must have had lionhead in somewhere as otherwise why full mane??? Others had this wispy thing that made you think really bad hair day...

Lionheads as tiny beasties I detest ... have rescued too many in really really poor condition.. as in cull and send to the raptor rescue condition. Lionheads in meat rabbit size with just the mane (no rear end fluff) THAT I would happily breed. :)

She just had them!!
I peeked and saw what looked pink with black? spots, but I didn't really get a good look yet.
So I could be mistaken, but I hope not...
None DOA .. *crossing fingers* they all survive the night

I will post pictures tomorrow!

And yes, it gets hot during the day ~~ I will be bringing in the box during the heat hours :)
Thanks for the reminders!

Pictures! ... Wonder, my BEW buck carries harli .... I think I see some in here :D

Attachments

• Dawn 1day 1.jpg
    Dawn 1day 1.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 808
  • Dawn 1day 2.jpg
    Dawn 1day 2.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 808
I see it too. :D

giphy.gif

Wowzer !

Definitely Harli and I think I see magpie :D which would mean both parents have recessives on their C-locus and one has chinchilla (or maybe sable) I also believe there are also some dilutes in there

:congratulations:

Those will be so fun to see as they get their colors!

Is the lighter colored one in front bigger than the others, or is it camera angle? I'm curious to see if they will grow out to similar sizes or if some will be smaller and some larger (I have no idea how rabbit genetics work).

There is an obvious difference is size among them. I will have to split them up to make sure the smaller ones get fed.
Oh my... if I had known before, I would have done this on purpose, LOL

I will post at one week to show colors... I hope all will make it, but some are looking runty today ~ so ??? :(

jeannie":v554t6rl said:
There is an obvious difference is size among them. I will have to split them up to make sure the smaller ones get fed.

I will post at one week to show colors... I hope all will make it, but some are looking runty today ~ so ??? :(
your BEW buck looks like a true dwarf so 25% :oops: 50% of the kits should get this gene :)

Dood":22310rgx said:
jeannie":22310rgx said:

your BEW buck looks like a true dwarf so 25% of the kits should get this gene :)

Wouldn't that be 50%?

They are 6 days old now. All seem to be getting enough to eat ~ even with those big ones in there :lol:
The runty one is squished in there, but has a full belly too.

Attachments

• Dawn 6 days.jpg
    Dawn 6 days.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,065

Latest posts

Back