Hold On

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- - - - SIGH - - - -

Spring flowers in 2 months sounds pretty nice, but not going to happen here. Smart flowers won't even think about poking their heads up till late May...

THIS is what we're dealing with, after about a foot of snow last night:
1706561222718.png
This morning's forecast (above) is actually better than what's it's been for a few days, when they were predicting 4-5 days with highs no higher than -5F.
Kind of pathetic when we're all rooting for anything above zero as relief.

- - - - SIGH - - - -

Spring flowers in 2 months sounds pretty nice, but not going to happen here. Smart flowers won't even think about poking their heads up till late May...

View attachment 39199
This morning's forecast (above) is actually better than what's it's been for a few days, when they were predicting 4-5 days with highs no higher than -5F.
Yeah.. though my southern rear kind of expects that kind of weather out of Alaska.. but I live in the land of sweet tea... we shouldn't have to thaw out hoses and use torches on water hydrants down here! We deal with 100 degrees with 80% humidity in the summer to get away from those cold temps!

Yeah.. though my southern rear kind of expects that kind of weather out of Alaska.. but I live in the land of sweet tea... we shouldn't have to thaw out hoses and use torches on water hydrants down here! We deal with 100 degrees with 80% humidity in the summer to get away from those cold temps!
We might be in Alaska, but where we live, our average winter temps usually hover around 20F, not 20 BELOW. We're not the Interior, where they routinely get 60 below, but I'm still feeling annoyed (and cold).
We do usually get cold snaps of below zero, but they last a day or two. This year we're getting slightly-less-cold snaps, punctuating a steady diet of well below zero. No to mention, we just set another snowfall record.
All in all, the rabbits are happier with 20F than 100F...not so much 22 below zero, though. First time I've ever seen them shiver. (I'm dreading the electric bill. My rabbits are not pampered by any stretch of the imagination, but I caved in and put a heater in the barn for the coming week.)

We might be in Alaska, but where we live, our average winter temps usually hover around 20F, not 20 BELOW. We're not the Interior, where they routinely get 60 below, but I'm still feeling annoyed (and cold).
We do usually get cold snaps of below zero, but they last a day or two. This year we're getting slightly-less-cold snaps, punctuating a steady diet of well below zero. No to mention, we just set another snowfall record.
All in all, the rabbits are happier with 20F than 100F...not so much 22 below zero, though. First time I've ever seen them shiver. (I'm dreading the electric bill. My rabbits are not pampered by any stretch of the imagination, but I caved in and put a heater in the barn for the coming week.)
Yeah, our winter weather is typically 1-2 snowfalls of 4 inches or less (last year we got nothing) and usually no more than a day or 2 at a time below freezing (and when I say that, I mean the highs are around 30), last year we hit 12 for 1 day, this year we were that cold for 2-3 days before it rocketed back up to 70. I mean literally last saturday was 12 degrees and then the following friday was 70 degrees with saturday being in the mid 60's

Our weather is nuts, we have gone from 11 degrees to 70 back down to 48 in about 2 w

Saw my doe shiver when the wind had us at... I dunno... below freeze your a** off. I brought her in and we sat by the fire. Then I got smart and added tarps. Glad that day is over.

- - - - SIGH - - - -

View attachment 39199
OMG. Rooting for 5 above yea!!!

We are through the worst of our winter. Hold on, spring flowers are coming in 2 months.
I am in Manitoba Canada we just came through a cold snap the last month-40 f, now look what I have to show for it? All raised out doors in a large colony pen, rabbits are truly amazing creatures and resilient beyond belief. This is the first litter out of the hole January 26 2024 and they are 3 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7466.jpeg
    IMG_7466.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7465.jpeg
    IMG_7465.jpeg