Hickory?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I know we've talked about feeding the nuts but I can't find anything here about feeding the leaves? Has anyone tried it?

Sorry about all the seperate thread...I'm just posting them as i think of them. :lol: :lol:

The only experience I have in relation... is that my rabbitry is under some black walnut trees, and my rabbits all think black walnut leaves are some type of rabbit-candy.

I was wary at first, but after a few years of all the rabbits snagging and devouring the falling leaves like potato chips...I just kind of stopped worrying, and sometimes toss a fresh leaf or two into a pile of greens.

Hickory should be perfectly fine. We use the wood for chinchillas (very very hard wood) and there's nothing concerning in the nuts. Usually if there is a dangerous compound somewhere at least small amounts will show up in some other part with a few exceptions that are generally easy to find as toxic in searches.

Latest posts

Back