Hi all! What have you been doing lately?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbles

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we can check in and tell what all we've been up to. Maybe it's rabbit related, or maybe it's a new crocheted afghan. Or maybe one of the fellows has tuned up a car or boat.

So here's something I finished for a friend last week.

blue briar rose afghan for Elizabeth Roberts.jpg

How about you? Made jam, gone camping. Just check in and share please.

Back to work for the public, home repair, and farm and garden service, it seems the president of the United States thought it best I return to work.

Not really pet related at all but I joined something called art fight, you pick from two teams and you win points by drawing characters that belong to someone on the opposite team

I've been busy getting my life on track again after losing my husband in May. It hasn't been easy, but I'm getting there slowly.

Since I no longer have rabbits and poultry due to mobility issues, I have turned to other interests. I am writing a historical novel set in Ontario, just north of where I live. Returning to work on this has been a blessing -- writing is a completely immersive experience.

The story is about a British Home Child who is sent to Canada as a domestic servant and mother's help in 1886. Between 1869 and 1948 over 100,000 such orphans and homeless children were sent to Canada this way as domestics and farm workers.

My book is the imagined but well-researched story of one Home Girl that follows her life from a four-year-old orphan to dawning adulthood at eighteen. I hope to have a completed draft by the end of the year.

~ Maggie

Last edited:
Our garden is kicking into high gear now that it is finally somewhat warm here. I’ve been spending lots of my free time weeding as well as planting for winter. We grow all our own veggies year round. It is a lot of work but I love it. I grow lots of flowers too, and my sweet peas and roses just started blooming this week. (My two favorites.)

The last 2 weeks it has been upper 90s and low 100s here with heat indexes in 115 range so I've been keeping my rabbits alive. My brother has been in the hospital the last 2 weeks so I've had to drive my mom to Little Rock to see him. He has necrotizing fasciitis from a tick bite. He was in ICU up until a day ago and in a coma for 4 days. I have been applying to jobs but no luck yet.

I've been busy getting my life on track again after losing my husband in May. It hasn't been easy, but I'm getting there slowly.

Since I no longer have rabbits and poultry due to mobility issues, I have turned to other interests. I am writing a historical novel set in Ontario, just north of where I live. Returning to work on this has been a blessing -- writing is a completely immersive experience.

The story is about a British Home Child who is sent to Canada as a domestic servant and mother's help in 1886. Between 1869 and 1948 over 100,000 such orphans and homeless children were sent to Canada this way as domestics and farm workers.

My book is the imagined but well-researched story of one Home Girl that follows her life from a four-year-old orphan to dawning adulthood at eighteen. I hope to have a completed draft by the end of the year.

~ Maggie
That sounds like a great story! I'm also a writer and know what you mean about it being an immersive experience. I self-published my first novel. I had sent out query letters and never heard back so I decided to do it myself and am now writing the sequel lol. I am sorry to hear you lost your husband. I can't imagine. When you get that book published I'd love to buy it!

That sounds like a great story! I'm also a writer and know what you mean about it being an immersive experience. I self-published my first novel. I had sent out query letters and never heard back so I decided to do it myself and am now writing the sequel lol. I am sorry to hear you lost your husband. I can't imagine. When you get that book published I'd love to buy it!
Hi rockyhillrabbits,

Thank you for your kind words. It's been very hard, but I try to take comfort in the memories of the 29 years we had together.

I think I'll start a thread in the Coffee Table for members who are writing a book. I think there are more of us than we realize.

~ Maggie

@MaggieJ I am so sorry for your loss. You are a vibrant individual here on this forum. I hope everything continues move smoothly for you.

I have rabbits as part of my survival philosophy. It may be no small wonder then that my profession is in line, too. As of March I made the move from a hireling to and owner of a Chimney Sweep/Hearth Professional company. That is taking a lot of my time so many of my projects are waiting on the return of free time. The rabbits are, of joy as well as necessity, the one "project" that continues to get attention.

@MaggieJ I am so sorry for your loss. You are a vibrant individual here on this forum. I hope everything continues move smoothly for you.

I have rabbits as part of my survival philosophy. It may be no small wonder then that my profession is in line, too. As of March I made the move from a hireling to and owner of a Chimney Sweep/Hearth Professional company. That is taking a lot of my time so many of my projects are waiting on the return of free time. The rabbits are, of joy as well as necessity, the one "project" that continues to get attention.
Thank you, Zee-Man.

Hope your business thrives and that you are able to turn again to your many survival projects soon. You certainly "know your stuff" and we all benefit from your generous sharing of that knowledge.

Rabbits are certainly an important part of many survival plans. In the past fifteen years or so, I've seen countless examples of how a trio of rabbits has made a huge difference in the lives of families in Third World countries. They can be raised on plants that humans can't eat directly and provide excellent protein for people in countries where fresh meat is in short supply or beyond the means of the average family. I am encouraged to see how popular raising rabbits has become in parts of Africa and South America. They give a little hope at the grass roots level.

Latest posts

Back