Hello From Montana

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cattle Cait":p6ccrr9m said:
lostcreekrabbits":p6ccrr9m said:
Thanks all, one quick question, do any of you tattoo rabbits that you're not going to show, I was thinking it might be a good idea to tattoo atleast the does and their kits that I'm going to keep for breeding stock to make sure and keep track of who's who

Thanks, Jake

I tattoo everything at around 6-8 weeks (6 for the big breeds, otherwise they get too big to handle quick). Its easier for me to track my stock.

What about the SCF, I can see myself hauling a crate full of rabbz down to the tattoo parlor to get cover pieces done "Yeah Daryll, this one's a buck, thought it was a doe, so lets cover that D with a panther and maybe put a B on the end of the tatt" :lol: :lol:

lostcreekrabbits":24gsj100 said:
What about the SCF, I can see myself hauling a crate full of rabbz down to the tattoo parlor to get cover pieces done "Yeah Daryll, this one's a buck, thought it was a doe, so lets cover that D with a panther and maybe put a B on the end of the tatt" :lol: :lol:

Too funny! :lol:

I don't mark mine for sex. My system is this: Buck's initial, Doe's initial, month, year, number of kit. So BF121 would be out of Black Floyd and Feather, January 2012, 1st kit marked. I use 0 for October, X for November, Z for December. Since they never seem to leave home without their reproductive equipment, marking the ear with their sex isn't important to me.

MamaSheepdog":2mdyjmio said:
lostcreekrabbits":2mdyjmio said:

Too funny! :lol:

I don't mark mine for sex. My system is this: Buck's initial, Doe's initial, month, year, number of kit. So BF121 would be out of Black Floyd and Feather, January 2012, 1st kit marked. I use 0 for October, X for November, Z for December. Since they never seem to leave home without their reproductive equipment, marking the ear with their sex isn't important to me.
OK, I think I like that better than my system, my system literally had a car VIN-like decoder page that sounds good at the time but might be hopeless if the paperwork ever got lost, I might have to use letters for the months tho as my kit only has 1 set of numbers

I ordered a 2nd set of numbers, and was careful to not name any breeders starting with the same letter. Now that I have a pen I am not so worried about it.

I use a very simple system..."O" for One Acre Farm, "D" for Doe, and "B" for buck, and the next number in the sequence....

Hi, The smaller white doe is an NZW, the grey/white and brown/white mottled does are NZW and Giant Chin., the black doe is FG/ Giant Chin. and the brown doe is FG/NZW

I see! That's why I was having trouble :) not that I am an expert at identifying rabbits by any means but they had me confused.

Latest posts

Back