Havana's-PICTURES!!!! 5 Weeks**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry a few days late. All eyes are open. Thursday November 30th, I found them all out of the box in the morning( day 15). The weighs have increased evenly with 7.8 oz(230 grams) the heaviest and the lightest still the Chocolate doe at 6.9 oz (195 grams). They seem to be on track to be 1 LB at 4 weeks and then 1 pound a month til they reach adult size of 5-6 lbs. The father is a large Blue Buck who is right at 6 lbs. and the Doe was 5lb 10oz.

Someone looking to get out.

Chocolate doe 6.9oz

Chocolate buck 7.4 oz, just opened both eyes (last one)

Black Buck 7.1oz

the middle child (can't figure if is boy or girl) 7.6oz

The biggest is a doe @ 7.8oz found her in the food bowl this afternoon.

all looking good and no pinched hips so far. With Colucci,Giesy, Wampner& Trausch lines on pedigree they might turn out just right.

Oh they are absolutely gorgeous! What a difference in such a short time! Eyes open and ears standing straight up. Love the first and last pic.

Glad to hear no pinched hips and all are doing good.

Karen

This it this latest update all the babies are doing great, starting to see a distinction between good type and average type and those who have snipy noses or long shoulders.

Weights are really close with 12.3 oz the lightest and the one black still the heaviest at 13.5 oz.

Thanks, I think I am going to keep one Black and a Chocolate. All are spoken for at the next show. Already have people wanting some out of next litter. The next litter is new bloodlines in Florida. Most people showing Havana's here get there's from one couple.

They are getting so big! Anxious to see how they do on the table next month. Our 3 kits are doing well, not sure if one is peanut or runt but has made it a week. Have had so many people tell me to cull it but just can't do it, feel like it deserves a chance as I can always sell as pet. Will try to post some pics on here today.

Rexisbest":w2quzg3m said:
They are getting so big! Anxious to see how they do on the table next month. Our 3 kits are doing well, not sure if one is peanut or runt but has made it a week. Have had so many people tell me to cull it but just can't do it, feel like it deserves a chance as I can always sell as pet. Will try to post some pics on here today.
I hear people culling newborns for one reason or another but I really think it's harder for us smaller rabbitry's to do that. Hope he makes it, he'll make someone a very special bunny. :)
Yes they will all be there next month ( Wow only 3 weeks away now!) they won't be quite 2 1/2 lbs, maybe the one chubby Black one, lol. But yes they are getting big and then Nestle and Midnight are due next week too. They are both HUGE (they come from a litter of 12) so I think they will have 6-8 themselves. Not sure on our show schedule after the January 5th show. We are not doing the State fair or the South Florida fair.

We will be doing the Florida State fair as the kidlette is in 4H but she does that more for the education than the show. I think she is only taking one rabbit because she hates to leave them there for a week. After that..no clue which shows, whatever is scheduled we will attend. Are you able to tell yet with the babies which ones are good or is it too soon?

Rexisbest":3hkasymt said:
We will be doing the Florida State fair as the kidlette is in 4H but she does that more for the education than the show. I think she is only taking one rabbit because she hates to leave them there for a week. After that..no clue which shows, whatever is scheduled we will attend. Are you able to tell yet with the babies which ones are good or is it too soon?

Well good luck at the Fair, should be fun, they are wanting me to start a 4-H rabbits club here, so I'm thinking it over. Yeah I've emailed a few people and seems they have no clue which show is next or when it is, frustrating. As far as my baby Havana's yes there are 2 or 3 that are nice. A Black (which I typically don't show Blacks, no reason really) is head and shoulders better than the rest. The Chocolates are both nice, one has good head and fur and the other nice type but fur, shoulder and head seems to be off a little, UGH. Might hold one back and see what it does in a few months then make a decision.

I am a believer in giving them time, especially for fur but the babies seem to have the same faults that we are seeing as newborn at 4 months. In this last litter I think one is going to be great and one pretty good, I think one is going to be a little pinched behind and am going to pray for fur! Good luck with 4H club, talk to Jenna...she is the best 4H leader.

Back