Havana's-PICTURES!!!! 5 Weeks**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnelsonfla

Reaction score
Yesterday was Day 30 for Cocoa my first time moma, Chocolate Havana. She pulled fur Saturday so we put box in. Yesterday around 5pm I went into rabbitry and she had mouth full of fur and more straw. Later around 6 she was laying infront of the nest box with a mouth full of even more straw. Was acting nervous as we sat down for dinner and when we finished dinner she had 5 babies in the box.
All lived and checked this morning and all were warm and full bellies. Tonight after dinner we checked them again, she had just gotten out of the box, feeding them.

all five ranged from 30 grams to 39 grams.

She doesn't look like she had 5 in her.

Proud papa, Cohiba

Congratulations! Please excuse my "Inexperience" color guess, but is the Proud Papa Blue? Hope you post pics of the babes when they get their fur. Would love to see what coloring.

Again congratulations to your First Time Mom!

Karen

ZRabbits":2ycznl2t said:
Congratulations! Please excuse my "Inexperience" color guess, but is the Proud Papa Blue? Hope you post pics of the babes when they get their fur. Would love to see what coloring.

Karen

Yes Cohiba is a Blue Havana. He is out of a Black doe. His (Cohiba) father was also a Black. Cocoa has only one Black in her linage, her G.G.Sire on her fathers side.

Yes I will try to post more photos Sunday/Monday and then every few days.

Colors should be Chocolate 2 on left, and then three Black. The two on the far right are the smallest 30grams and the largest 39 grams.

Wow. :shock: Those black kits look like they have been dipped in ink!

Congratulations on the litter- I can't wait to see how they mature. I've never seen freshly-fuzzed Havanas, so keep us posted with pics!

Thanks, I will try to post pictures every couple of days. The two on the left were so light when born they actually looked like brokens. I first thought I had 1 Blue and 2 Blacks and 2 brokens. :p

tnelsonfla":2zlb41ce said:
ZRabbits":2zlb41ce said:

Karen

Yes Cohiba is a Blue Havana. He is out of a Black doe. His (Cohiba) father was also a Black. Cocoa has only one Black in her linage, her G.G.Sire on her fathers side.

Yes I will try to post more photos Sunday/Monday and then every few days.

Colors should be Chocolate 2 on left, and then three Black. The two on the far right are the smallest 30grams and the largest 39 grams.

Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it. Cohiba is very handsome. Look forward to seeing the update pics of the litter.

Karen

Wow, just amazing in 3 days. Thanks for sharing! Really like your chocolates. The one black on the very end, looks like the longest, but maybe its' because he/she is really stretched out.

Karen

ZRabbits":2rxcx853 said:
The one black on the very end, looks like the longest, but maybe its' because he/she is really stretched out.

Karen

No that Black one is HUGE, we kid saying it must have eaten the twin, since there was 5 born. Diffidently bigger than the rest. Always seems to be alone most of the time, away form the others. Not missing a meal thou. :lol:

tnelsonfla":2d8xh4h5 said:
ZRabbits":2d8xh4h5 said:
The one black on the very end, looks like the longest, but maybe its' because he/she is really stretched out.

Karen

No that Black one is HUGE, we kid saying it must have eaten the twin, since there was 5 born. Diffidently bigger than the rest. Always seems to be alone most of the time, away form the others. Not missing a meal thou. :lol:

I found with my first experience, that my doeling (Molly) who was the biggest was always separate from the boys but never missed a meal. Even as they got older the boys stay together and she was more independent. Definitely made it easier when I weaned since she is doing very well by herself in her crate and the boys are in theirs. Should be interesting to see once I do split them up to their own space how they all do.

Can't wait to see new pics and how they are all growing! Thanks so much for sharing.

Karen

Wow, getting big. And now you can really see that beautiful shiny fur. Rich chocolate color and Deep black.

Thanks so much for keeping this thread going. Really enjoying watching this litter thrive!

Karen

ZRabbits":2ibl0ec9 said:
Wow, getting big. And now you can really see that beautiful shiny fur. Rich chocolate color and Deep black.

Thanks so much for keeping this thread going. Really enjoying watching this litter thrive!

Karen

Thanks Karen, yes the color is amazing. One Chocolate is alot darker than the other, we'll have to see if it carries thru. I'll try to update every 3-5 days.

Day 10 and no eyes open but ears are going every which way. Weights were 138 grams/4.9 oz(for the little Chocolate) to 166 grams/5.8 oz. (for the big Black boy).

They are really looking good. I loved watching my kits at that age when they started lifting their ears. No control at all.

Karen

Latest posts

Back