Has Anyone Transported Rabbits by Air/etc

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had an inquiry from someone who says they want rabbits.

I live in Central California. They live in MO.
I said I would research transport [cost]

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this or who could make suggestions of where to get specific information.
I know that airlines have temperature restrictions. Basically it needs to be between 45-85 degrees on both ends.
I also know that ground transport is possible but the ones I have spoken with are about $500-1000.

I had a rabbit transported by air by a person who was travelling from WI to the rabbit convention in OR. It cost me $50 but he was in one large dog crate, inside an individual carrier, with 4 other rabbits who were going to the show. It required a health cert from the vet as well before he could travel. This rabbit took about ten days to begin eating normally and lost a good amount of weight before he got over his flight. He is very calm and laid back so I think any nervous types would be more stressed.

Ground travel. I would be looking at the FB rabbit transport groups. Whenever there is a big show somewhere, there are usually people driving across the country to show at them. They often offer transport holes to help reduce their costs and I've seen those for around 25 bucks for a one way trip. Your client would probably need to do some driving to meet the transporter. Those folks set up a route and then people picking up buns need to meet somewhere along the route, or at the show they are going to. Problem with this sort of transport is that you cannot arrange to deliver a rabbit on a specific date very easily.

Back