• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Harlequins and Mini Lops in Georgia

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricksHearth

Reaction score
We currently have 2 bucks (1 is pet only) and 2 does from our Harlequin litter available that can go to their new homes in early February. They are all black Japanese and each one looks so different and beautiful, one of the great things about this breed. They have nice personalities and are very sweet and active. If you are thinking about a change of pace, I would highly suggest you consider the unique and magnificent Harlequin- they are truly like no other! smile.gif

I also have two litters of unrelated Mini Lops that will be ready in February. I have posted pictures of them on my site and will start making selections for sale kits in the next week or two, so please check out my website below if you are interested:

http://www.hendrickshearth.com

I am located just east of Atlanta, Georgia.

Thanks!

Lauren

Thank you Maggie! :) Unfortunately with the breed standard change, I have had to make some difficult decisions with my English Lop group. I am reluctantly offering my favorite buck ET and one of my English Lop does for sale to a good home if anyone is interested. ET has 2 grand champion legs and is the sweetest buck in the world. He will make a wonderful brood buck for some big does or would be a superb pet, too. He literally begs for attention when he sees me coming and will run back and forth across the front of his cage holding his ears in his mouth so he doesn't trip over them until he gets some headrubs or taken out to play, LOL.

Thanks again!

Lauren

You know I think you have the CUTEST Rabbits ever! Those minis & harlie's are soooo Adorable- Precious! But I promised myself that if I was to get another bun it would be another ELop. With that being said, I cant believe you are letting E.T. go... if I didnt already have Pie I would jump at that! Ah, but what I really want is one of Enigma's kits. I keep hoping that when the time comes there will be a darling Sable Point doe kit that you would be willing to let go of. Im keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh, and Thanks for the sweet words about Pie, Maggie! :)

It was Pie that made me start to notice ELops, Pickles. He has a winning way about him.

Lauren, you absolutely must get a video clip of ET holding his ears and running back and forth! That's the funniest thing I have heard in ages!

I really don't want to let go of ET at all, but I have such limited room and time here now that I thought he might be better suited living with someone that wants him as a breeding buck and/or an affectionate pet. He is SO awesome and I will certainly see if I can snag a video of him- it is VERY cute how he so carefully holds his ears while he is prancing around! IMHO this breed has some of the best personalities in the rabbit world.

Golly I am almost talking myself out of selling him right now- I wish I could find a 13 or 14lb doe with excellent type because I would breed her to him in a heartbeat. Anyone know of a huge Elop doe around these parts that I could take home?

Thanks!

Lauren

Lauren, all I can say is that you know you don't want to part with him. Sometimes a heart decision instead of a head decision is the best one. Maybe you should hang onto him and look for that doe...

I appreciate your sentiment and you are right that I really don't want to part with him, but if my decisions with rabbits were made with my heart as the main consideration then I would very quickly be overrun with my favorites as pets. Because I have less room to work with, I wouldn't hardly have anything to show or breed, which is another major part of my interest. Right now I have 3 bucks and 3 does- a terrible buck to doe ratio by anyone's standards, lol. Two of my does are ET's daughters and my other doe is the mother of the litter with ET, so 2/3 of my group are directly related to each other. Then with the SOP change it effectively DQ'ed most of my herd, so logically I can't find any reason to keep them all here, especially when someone else might be able to enjoy them (and do something with them as house rabbits or breeding stock) as much or more than I do.

Hope this makes sense,

Lauren

Naturally you can't make all heart decisions. I'm sure if you find a really good home for ET it will be easier to let him go. I hate that the SOP can just be arbitrarily changed like that. Doesn't seem right... but then I know next to nothing about show rabbits and how these things are determined.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have inadvertently and completely accidentally brought home Mini Rex does for a Velveteen project with my beloved ET...... :whistle:

For the record, I still have ML kits and Harlequin kits available for anyone who might be interested! http://www.hendrickshearth.com

Lauren :ninjajig:

HendricksHearth":2ut7tbou said:
I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have inadvertently and completely accidentally brought home Mini Rex does for a Velveteen project with my beloved ET...... :whistle:
Ooh, how exciting! I am so fascinated by Velveteen Lops... they are like "mini"- Elops. :)

Latest posts

Back