Glad to find this group!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mama583

Reaction score
I'm so glad to find this support. I'm just getting my New Zealand rabbitry going and don't have anyone I can call on with experience that I know personally. I'm looking forward to making connections here and hopefully, eventually being helpful myself.

I'm so glad to find this support. I'm just getting my New Zealand rabbitry going and don't have anyone I can call on with experience that I know personally. I'm looking forward to making connections here and hopefully, eventually being helpful myself.
Welcome. Enjoy the forum. Do you consider other breed(s) as well?

I am not opposed to other breeds. My motive for raising them is meat for our family. I have read the NZ whites were good for that so that is why I chose the breed. I have enjoyed our first two litters so much and have extra room that I wouldn't mind expanding if I knew the market was good for other things in our area.

Also, as is obvious from my avatar, I ended up with some non-white NZ's. I bought the trio at a discount from a family that was second guessing their rabbit commitment.

I am not opposed to other breeds. My motive for raising them is meat for our family. I have read the NZ whites were good for that so that is why I chose the breed. I have enjoyed our first two litters so much and have extra room that I wouldn't mind expanding if I knew the market was good for other things in our area.
Great that you enjoyed your first two litters. How many litters did you have so far?

Yes, I moved most of one litter to a tractor a day or two ago and hope to move the other litter today.

Latest posts

Back