GI problems

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to let you know of something.Here were i am. If a large rabbitry start loosing babies. That is what they do , they switch there food for 3 weeks , Then switch it again. It is a little trick they use. They dont feed hay because it is very time consumming to open each door and put in a handful of hay. Not to mention being very messy. I have been there. I really dont agree of it at all. But that is just me.

AnnClaire":go3b34pl said:
My theory is that they succumb to the disease soon after being removed from access to the doe's poops/cecums.

That is a valid theory in my book. I wonder how it would go over with the ARA's if they found a bowl of bunnyberries in every pen of newly weaned kits? :lol:

I don't know if it applies to all grazing/foraging animals, but horse and donkey foals need to eat their dam's poop to develop gut flora.

skysthelimit":2nbx6jdt said:
I knew hay was for horses, goats and cows, didn't realize rabbits and sheep eat it too.

And people haven't learned how!!!! :lol: (gotta finish the quote for ya!)

Back