Getting so excited!! Baby bunnies are coming SOON!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
I have hopefully two litters going to be born this weekend and next week.... Pippen's first litter is due on Sunday! I am so so hoping she will be a good mom. We are moving her inside today. Our basement stays at 60 degrees all year round, so I won't worry about the heat while we are not at home(we will be gone this weekend but back on Sunday) I am hoping she waits until I get back to have them....

And then we also have our new girl, now named Willow(will post pics soon) and she was bred and if she took will be due on Wednesday! She was bred prior to me getting her, but she had a very long trip and was pretty stressed, so I am not sure if she will have any kits or not, but I am hoping so! She is proven and I think she will do fine if she is pregnant.

We are getting a new cage for Pippen today and a couple nest boxes.

These will be my first litters, so, is there anything else I can do to help them/make them more comfortable/happy? I have been giving them unlimited hay and some extra food.

How exciting! I know the last week before my first litters were born seemed to take forever! I really don't know what else you can do to make them more comfortable/happier. I did give my does some yummy snacks, like sweet potato, strawberry tops, carrots, and a couple new toys. maybe someone else can throw out some ideas, I am still pretty new to this myself.

Oh,and congrats! Can't wait to hear when the babies arrive!

Make sure the does have everything they need and then back off and leave them to it. I know it is hard with those first few litters not to constantly check on the does, but a calm quiet atmosphere is the best thing for the doe at this time.

Actually, it is pretty easy for us because they are in the basement area... We are getting ready for this weekend so it is keeping us pretty occupied.... now, with Willow, it may be harder because I don't have anything to do for the beginning of next week! LOL

Yay!!!! How exciting! :pinkbunny: :clap: Hope all goes well, and that you have 2 litters of happy, healthy kits!

Only 3 more days until Pippen is due!! I just got her moved inside tonight, and she is LOVING it!! Because of her cage style, she is not getting a nest box, but she has a spot where she has already started making a nest(sort of, more like just hoarding the hay), she hasn't pulled any fur but she seems happy enough playing around with the Chow fur I through in there.... (Convenient having the chows to steal fur from!) She is DEFINITELY pregnant, she has got a big ol' belly and has become SUPER affectionate!

It kind of sucks though, we are leaving tomorrow night and won't be back until Sunday morning... I hope she can wait until I get back!

How exciting for you! What colors are you expecting?

With only having just had my first litter I don't have much experience, but my doe started nest building a few days before and pulling fur the day she kindled.

With Pippens litter, I am hoping for Chocolate Otters, and Broken Chocolates, and....????? Not sure!

With Willow, we are hoping for Blues, Lilacs, and Maybe Chocolates or Blacks.. She is blue and was bred with a blue, but both have a 'colorful' background.....

I'm going to be getting one right?! :p
I'm so excited for your first litters! It so fun to watch them all grow up, and see all of the silly baby bunny antics. Especially when they are learning to binkie and jump around :)

First I want to say Congratulations. I read about your losses a while ago and I am glad you have some good news! Second, I know you are excited but try your best to give them privacy. Do a visual check every now and then but try to be hands off until you are sure the whole litter has arrived and the labor is over. Third, If you bred a Blue to a Blue you cannot get any Blacks or Chocolates. You can get anything that is a dilute. Lilacs are possible if both parents carry the Chocolate gene.

Good Luck!
Adam

Just got home and Pippen has been pulling fur!!!! Yay!! So excited! I am leaving her alone, just gave her more hay and water but we are trying to just leave her be.... She is doing really good and just being SOOO affectionate! I am really hoping she is a good mommy...

Savannah, you have to come and see them after they are born... I am sure that there will be something here that you might want! lol

Adam, Thank you. It was hard losing Stuart a while back, but we have learned alot since then and am trying to use that knowledge to make his death not be in vain. I wouldn't think you could get a black or chocolate either but her last litter had a blue, black and a chocolate and she was bred to a blue.... So, they are all just a guess right now... I am just hoping they are all healthy and the moms are good...

Thank you to everyone else too.... I will update again as soon as she has them!! WITH pictures!

Hey wait, blue to blue can't make black and chocolate--there is no way, genetically, for that to happen. Either somebody isn't really blue, or the "black" and "chocolate" has to be misidentified...?

It was prior to me getting her, so maybe the lady got her mixed up.... She was at a show when I talked to her. I know she had the 3 colors, but I am thinking she got the last buck and the current buck mixed up. She was pretty busy with other things, and I could have misunderstood her as far as which buck she was talking about....

I do know she is bred to a blue right now.... so, if all plays right, she should have blues or lilacs right? I am still trying to get this genetics down, and right when I think I have a clue, I get mixed up. I am not sure what the buck has in his lines(will get his pedigree info after she has babies) but Willow has: (Parents) Dad - Chocolate, Mom - Black...(Grandparents)Black, Blue, Black Tort, Blue....(Great-Grand Parents) Lilac, Black Otter, Lilac, Siamese Smoke Pearl, Black, Blue, Black Otter, Black.

KatzNetherlands":1zm3s7wj said:
Savannah, you have to come and see them after they are born... I am sure that there will be something here that you might want! lol

Philip and I would love to! Maybe in the beginning of August? My birthday is in that month too ;)
I'm really dieing to start breeding Nethies. I just saw someone over here (Addy?) selling 3 including a broken orange, for $30. I can't help but searching Craigslist everyday for rabbits I can't buy :)

Latest posts

Back