Fruit of my labor

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT_Hunter

Reaction score
Just fixed liver and onions over garlic rice...Need a nap now....full tummy..

Attachments

• 2011-07-23_17-55-55_584c (1024x768).jpg
    2011-07-23_17-55-55_584c (1024x768).jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 980
Thanks...I cook pretty good for guy....have been single for years...so...had to learn to cook...it was "REALLY" good too :bananadance: :bananadance2:

I am a liver and onions kind of girl and I agree it looks yummy...one day I am going to have to try livers and onion on a kabob over the grill--doesn't that sound amazing?

I'm not a fan of liver either, but I've never had rabbit livers. How do they compare to chicken livers?

Much, much nicer than chicken livers. The flavour is rich but mild. Saute until just done in butter, add a little salt and pepper and enjoy! A fresh-from-the-garden tomato is great on the side.

Very mild in comparison...very tender...I like chicken and beef liver...but this was very good...I would think that someone that is not really a fan of liver would even like it...not as strong a flavor as beef liver...I think it also depends on how it is prepared...mine...cooked in butter...yep...butter...not the fake stuff...salt...pepper...carlic...and lots of onions....low heat...cover...turn after maybe 5 minutes....turn again after maybe another 3 minutes...uncover...turn one last time...maybe another 3 minutes...time to eat...try it...taste it...if ya don't like it...feed it to the dog...at least ya tried....

I seldom butcher more than one or two rabbits per day so I really never have enough at one time to make a meal. I have just been using the bones of rabbits after filleting plus the liver, kidneys and lungs boiled with onion to make stock. Afer the stock has been made though I often pick out the livers and eat them as a snack.

You can save the livers by freezing until you have enough for a full meal....also...have found that boiling the hearts in salt water for a few minutes just after the butchering task makes a nice snack...

Back