First show question- double shows?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

This is our first ARBA double show coming up in Rhinebeck, NY. It is listed as a double show with option of showing in (A or B or BOTH)

Am I correct in assuming that show A starts first...so that would be the morning start time and show B goes after that one ends?

If that is correct (which it might not be, since I have now clue ;) then we would be safe heading up there an hour or so after start time for show A if we are only entering show B? I have younger kids at home and am taking my oldest...so trying to figure out a way we wouldn't have to leave at the crack of dawn:) so I could at least get the younger ones all settled in with babysitter.

Also, if we went a little later for only show B does that effect any kind of checking in things? We are going to pre-register our entry.

Thanks!!

I would check with the show secretary.

Most of the shows I have gone to start with show A, but there is overlap with show B. Once a judge completes judging of all the breeds on their roster for the first show they begin judging their B breeds.

Whether it's show A or B you have to sigh up for either or both shows during registration which starts before show A. Registration usually starts around 7:00 to 8:45am with the shows starting at 9. And the shows do sometimes over lap. Good luck showing your bunnies :)

Puddlejumper, what we did was have the babysitter come for supper the evening before and spend the night ... that way, we didn't have to get the daughter up when we left, she was already familiar with the babysitter, and the babysitter got a chance to get familiar with the house/kitchen/etc.

Thanks for the replies! One other question...any advice as to whether to enter her in open or youth ... do you find at ARBA shows in general that one is more competitive then the other or just depends on the show? She has a castor mini rex and I know of a lot of youth in our area that show their rabbits, not sure about adults or "open"

Thanks again! We are really looking forward to it.

puddlejumperfarm":368opjzo said:
One other question...any advice as to whether to enter her in open or youth

We raise standard Rex primarily, which have a very low entry even in Open, so I always enter my kid's Rex in Open to up the numbers. We also have pair of Beveren (rare), and a trio of Jersey Woolys (popular).

At the last show I attended, I asked the judge about Youth versus Open entries. He said that he takes more time explaining what to look for in conformation and also generally educating the youth exhibitors.

In my situation, the best tactic is to show the Rex and Beveren in Open since they have such low entries in the area. My daughter Queenpup "stole" my JW doe Showoff from me, and there are good numbers both in Open and Youth, so in the future any JW's owned by the kids will be shown in Youth so they get the benefit of the extra education.

Mini Rex have huge entries here whether in Youth or Open, so I would recommend entering them in Youth if the same is true in your area.

Latest posts

Back