Finished my milking stand. Finally!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Pint Homestead

Reaction score
Finally got my milking stand done. A few more projects and I'll be ready for the goats! I added non-slip grit to the paint. DH totally rolled his eyes when he saw the paint job.

Wow! Very nice. :)

I like the paint job. You can look at it and take deep, cleansing breaths when your goat kicks over the milk pail again, or sticks her dirty, muck covered hoof in it. ;)

How are you going to feed them grain while you milk?

I love that milk stand!! :p Do you have plans for it? We could use a second one. :)

MamaSheepdog":2c5omgz4 said:
Wow! Very nice. :)

I like the paint job. You can look at it and take deep, cleansing breaths when your goat kicks over the milk pail again, or sticks her dirty, muck covered hoof in it. ;)

How are you going to feed them grain while you milk?

I feed Fodder rather than grain, but I'm going to use one of those feed pans that have the chain clips. I think I saw a purple one at the feed store the other day.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the plans and will also be selling a semi-assembled kit.

That is a beautiful stand. Easy to clean, and easy on the eyes.

Lucky goats!

Mine is a giant wooden bulky one, nothing like that! It is really heavy, too. This seems like a great idea, but I have to ask, do you think it is heavy enough to not tip? I know that my 140 pound Alpine doe was shaking my gigantic wooden milkstand easily. Although, ND's could use that perfectly. Also, one thing, I think wheels would be a great addition to this.

Great Job!

I have Kinders coming, so they aren't so big. It's not top heavy at all, but if you were concerned, it would be easy to fill the lower legs with sand or cement to stabilize. Nothing smooth or level enough where I am to have wheels, they'd roll down the hill!!! :shock:

You'd definitely want locking wheels if you added them!

:doc:

We have locking ones on ours and we milk in the barn, so, it's nothing to worry about at our place. Just a thought!

It is nice. :) The problem is that locking the animals up is a choice... so you can't be like, "Oh, I have no where to put them so they HAVE to stay outside.". Even with the LGDs, we put the goats up EVERY night!

OwnedByTheBuns":2tcaeb61 said:
It is nice. :) The problem is that locking the animals up is a choice... so you can't be like, "Oh, I have no where to put them so they HAVE to stay outside.". Even with the LGDs, we put the goats up EVERY night!

Ummm... I don't understand this. Are you assuming I'm leaving everything just outside, or am I missing something? :oops:

Oh, I mean... wait, do you lock the animals up? I thought you said they just go under your deck.? I'm sorry!

Unless my goats were due to kid, they stayed out all of the time with our LGD.

OwnedByTheBuns":co1dx2lq said:
Oh, I mean... wait, do you lock the animals up? I thought you said they just go under your deck.? I'm sorry!

LOL, I live in town, so I don't have a barn per say. The goats have their own little shed and I have a milking area under the deck. They are surrounded by a 6' cedar privacy fence for containment and, of course, privacy. :D

Back