Finally! Named and Registered Rabbitry with ARBA!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
At long last, I have decided on a name. I started raising rabbits because of my concerns over the political climate in this great country of ours, and wanted to be able to provide for my family during the hard times we foresee as a result.

These days if you grow a garden or store food, you are derogatorily called a "prepper" and deemed to be a possible terrorist threat. Contrast that to WWI and WWII when people were encouraged by the government to grow their own fruits and vegetables, and many people kept rabbits to provide meat. These "War Gardens" or "Victory Gardens" were a valuable part of the war effort.

http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin ... ps_02.html

So-o-o... :slap: My rabbitry is named... drum roll, please...

Victory Garden Rabbits

I hope y'all like it, because there is no going back now! :)

Very nice!!!

There's big thing going on in Cleveland, they are trying to revitalize the city ad so they've started this whole urban farming thing, passing laws for raising animals etc... Most people have chickens but I am still afraid to let people know I have rabbits for meat.

I haven't registered my rabbitry name yet, was still thinking I would change it. Couldn't think of something, but I'm going to keep it now, because I really want my barred rock chickens back! Someday I hope I'll have a farm.

MamaSheepdog":ngofo1on said:
Victory Garden Rabbits

Super name! I wish I'd thought of that.

Awesome! My boyfriend talks about my raised beds as "victory gardens". Yeah, that's a good name.

And just so ya know, I've been a prepper for over a decade now. My grandmother and next door neighbor grew up during the great depression. They taught me to can, grow a garden, sew, quilt, every thing! And boy is that coming in handy these days!

And the lady I bought these FL White rabbits from does the same thing. I guess we are old school, LOL! That's why my boyfriend tells me I'm a concrete blonde! I got dark hair with so much white and gray mixed in.

Thanks, everybody! It takes me forever to name anything because I want the name to be just right. Hubs and I were both proud as punch that we were able to name our kids before they were born- and we even had to pick out boy and girl versions since we didn't want to ruin the surprise and find out what they were before they made their entrance!

MamaSheepdog":3kuen76s said:
Thanks, everybody! It takes me forever to name anything because I want the name to be just right. Hubs and I were both proud as punch that we were able to name our kids before they were born- and we even had to pick out boy and girl versions since we didn't want to ruin the surprise and find out what they were before they made their entrance!

I am just the opposite. I have long lists for puppy litters I have yet to have, names for books I haven't written yet, even future names for kids that I will never have. The bunnies are a bit harder, because I never know who I will keep, so they're names are a bit last minute. The most recent one is BR's Lucky Day, because he was the only kit I did not cull from the split penis litter, didn't have a split, and he was one of the broken opals, so I kept him. I just checked him over yesterday, and he had beautiful opal rings in his fur. I told him it was his lucky day, and culled four others instead. Maybe i should have called him dodged the bullet?

I really like it, that is a great name, congrats on getting registered!

I did not know that you had to register your rabbitry. Thinking back to when we used to breed AKC Papillons.
You have set a high standard, since I hope to go in the same type of mindset! Oh, yeah...
:congratulations: I love the name :judges:

You don't have to, it's an option that ARBA provides. For a fee. Anyone can still call their rabbitry anything they want to.

That's a pretty cool name. Victory gardens were such a vital part of the survival of families in our nation's history, both during times of war (WWI and WWII) as well as during the depression. My mom went thru the latter 2, and it's pretty neat to hear how her family worked their garden to survive.

What a cool and creative name. I love history and never have I heard this mentioned throughout any history class. I love that I have just learned something new :bouncy: Congrats on your rabbitry name!

MamaSheepdog":2b535xng said:
These days if you grow a garden or store food, you are derogatorily called a "prepper" and deemed to be a possible terrorist threat.

http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin ... ps_02.html

So-o-o... :slap: My rabbitry is named... drum roll, please...

Victory Garden Rabbits

Great name MSD!

As to the government, I think many involved dislike the idea of the public being self sufficient. If a person doesn't depend on the government they are much harder to "keep in line". JMO

Latest posts

Back