Finally! Named and Registered Rabbitry with ARBA!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I have (3 does, 3 bucks and 3 bunnies just turned 4 weeks old) hardly qualifies as a rabbitry yet, especially as they are still in temporary commercial cages in my garden garage! But when I retired, I quickly felt Facebook's saying I "works at retired teacher" to sound stilted and boring, and I was sharing "bunny news" nearly every day, so now FB says I work at Draconis Weyr and Coneygarth. Draconis is the last name of my medieval "persona", weyr is a pun on Anne McCaffrey's term for where dragons live, and the fact I make pottery (bisqueware, glazeware), and Coneygarth is a medieval name for an artificial rabbit warren (coneys gone to earth, essentially). If I ever join Arba (not planning on showing the rabbits, but might join to keep up with livestock legislation), I hope that name isn't taken already!

Very good name, MSD.

Like you said, many people raised rabbits during the war. For many, that was the only source of meat they had.

Grumpy.

Sounds like a great name to me.

My husband is recently retired military and I am a "prepper". :shock: So I really like the name. :D

I see you used the name on the pedigrees you gave me for the pair of rexes.( a very nice unexpected surprise) Are those the first pedigree papers with that name on them? Maybe I'll frame them for when you get rich and famous so I can say,"I knew her when" :choir:

hoodat":o5oh4wzo said:
Are those the first pedigree papers with that name on them?

Sadly, no. Fourth and fifth. I sold a pair to a fellow in AZ, and one doe to his neighbor to start their herds.

But frame away, Hoodat! When you make a final decision on names, I'll mail out updated copies for you.

MamaSheepdog":1yotpwzf said:
hoodat":1yotpwzf said:
Are those the first pedigree papers with that name on them?

Sadly, no. Fourth and fifth. I sold a pair to a fellow in AZ, and one doe to his neighbor to start their herds.

But frame away, Hoodat! When you make a final decision on names, I'll mail out updated copies for you.

Hey, just so you know, your BIL is INSANE over that Broken Black buck! :lol: He does not have a name yet...Justin has not made up his mind.... :popcorn:

Tell him I'll mail out an updated pedigree for him too. Would he like the ownership changed to reflect his proprietary interest? :twisted:

Very nice name, MSD! :D

BTW......SOOOOOO jealous!!!! I want one of your black/white broken bucks!!!!!! :cry:

fuzzy9":2lv6izbh said:
I want one of your black/white broken bucks!!!!!! :cry:

Well, there's plenty, y'know! Planning any business trips to California?

My home and BunnyBarn are always open! :welcome:

Sadly, no! :( I would love to see all those beautiful rex bun rabs of yours!!! But thank you for the warm invite!! :D

Latest posts

Back