Feeding human vitamin supplement to rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zab

Reaction score
I have a liquid vitamin (A, B, C, D and E, no enzymes or probiotics) supplement of which I take a tablespoon a day. It tastes sweet and fruity and I believe the rabbits would love it.

I believe my feed is quite well balanced but I was thinking that maybe feed them a lick of the supplement once a week just to be sure? Do you think it can harm them?

They get barley, BOSS, alfalfa and a rich hay which is only short on selenium - which they have in a saltrock instead. They get parsley and sprouted carrottops once in a while, but I must admit I'm not the best at feeding such natural vitamin supplements..

Zeb,
I have no idea as to if the Vitamins will harm your Rabbits or not:
But, all of the medications used for rabbits
were discover through trial and error.
They are your Rabbits, so you might want to do
an experiment and let us all know about your findings.
One never knows where the next big innovation will com from!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

hmmm... Maybe in the future I'll try it on some younglings. I can't see anything in the ingredientslist that I know harms them, but I only understand about a tenth of the list, so.. :3

I believe that too much Vitamin C can cause diarrhea and that Vitamin B can be toxic. At least, that is true for humans, I think. I would be careful.

Back