Evidently My Rabbits Missed the Chapter on Litter Size..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanrose

Reaction score
Before leaving for my big trip, I bred 3 does. One was Gale, my hybrid German/Satin angora. I also bred my broken English Angora doe, and also my fawn EA doe. She ended up bred a couple weeks later, as I let her run with my boy on the porch.

I got back, with 10 new rabbits in tow, and awaited babies.

Gale was first, 9 babies, a nice litter for a German/Satin. 8 have survived, I lost one at a week, she just faded.

The next day Narcissa, my broken EA doe, had THIRTEEN!! Unfortunately due to mild supply, and a couple mysteriously disappearing, I am down to 7. But, they are doing great. And 7 is still a good size litter for a 6 pound doe.

So Ginny was due over a 2 week timeframe. I kept a box in with her of course, and knew she was getting close last night. This morning I woke up to TEN babies! One was DOA, the other 9 seem fat and healthy. Seriously. Another huge litter! I'm not sure whether I'm happy or a little shell shocked. I was told English Angoras had around 6 per litter. So far my does are doubling that.

Of course one doe I traded for was also bred. She is due next week. She's had 2 litters. One of 9 and one of 12. We'll see how many she has this time. I am going to be surrounded in fluffy cuteness!

enjoy those babies....and let me be the first say .. pictures???? no pictures, no proof of all that baby cuteness. :)

Back