Email Received tonight

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vegans would starve if they opened their eyes to the truth about the products they purchase.

Guess what the majority of farms and all organic farms use as fertilizer - MANURE ! And it isn't from pet sheep, cows, pigs, poultry or rabbits!

I would not even have opened a dialogue with them. I think I would have just responded to the effect of, "Obviously you are not my target demographic. Have a nice day," and then been done with it.

my viewpoint is that if you don't open dialogue then people can't learn. Will many refuse to open their eyes? For sure, but when I consider that I helped a rabbit rescue person see what PETA was really saying, when I helped her realize that not all rabbits are meant to be pets, and some illnesses do require culling due to contagion factors....then I go hmm... it is worth some frustration.

I just point out to vegans that there is animal in any dog or cat food and people aren't going to stop keeping dogs or cats so they might as well eat animals that lived happy enriched lives than what goes in to pet food. When you point out that chicken ingredient is battery hens and rooster chicks ground up live (the vid was going around for awhile) instead of humanely kept and killed they tend to change their tune even though they themselves don't eat meat.

ladysown":1veapwhm said:
my viewpoint is that if you don't open dialogue then people can't learn. Will many refuse to open their eyes? For sure, but when I consider that I helped a rabbit rescue person see what PETA was really saying, when I helped her realize that not all rabbits are meant to be pets, and some illnesses do require culling due to contagion factors....then I go hmm... it is worth some frustration.

I'm just saying, I would not have been able to be so gracious, so I would not have even started. I don't deal well with trolls.

There's a vegetarian dog food. It's not recommended by anyone and probably doesn't do good things for the lifespan of the dog but it's far from abuse. Cats on the other hand definitely don't survive on a vegetarian diet.

but there are at least two vegan diets for pets that I know of, and neither is recommended. I choose though NOT to beat my head against a brick wall. I will be cordial, polite and educational but that's about as far as I will go. :)<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am __________<br /><br />the end result...

Of this particular conversation ended with the assertion that I am "uneducated and inhumane" because I as a person choose to keep an animal that may or may not be killed for it's meat. This after the assertation that she will NOT research whether or not animals truly need to eat meat....

BUT she is just fine because when she eats a vegetable she's only killing part of it and letting the rest of it live.

I decided NOT to challenge that last statement as it serves no useful purpose but I about snorted up a mouthful when I read it. Hubby wanted me to answer it but I said there's no point to it. After all...I'm uneducated you know. :)

There are none so blind as those who will not see. You ever notice that the 'uneducated' label gets thrown around a lot by people who refuse to look for or at information. Hmm....

What a nut job lol!!
I really hope she has animals who are not meat eaters.
I went 10 years without eating pork and beef. When I had my first son my iron levels where so low I was on major iron supplements. I had to go back to eating it I started with bison and wild meat and got back to eating everything. It started with me being a dumb 14 year old(when I stopped eating beef, not when I got preggy lol! I was 22 when I had my 1st and he was planned.)

Dood":3ehpbs08 said:
Vegans would starve if they opened their eyes to the truth about the products they purchase.

Guess what the majority of farms and all organic farms use as fertilizer - MANURE ! And it isn't from pet sheep, cows, pigs, poultry or rabbits!
A t-Shoirt I want to buy-- has a squatting buck deer on it--
"Dear Vegan- My food poops on your food"

Latest posts

Back