Dosage to worm rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandainohio24

Reaction score
So I noticed last night one of my does has worms (she had a piece of poo stuck so I helped get it off her and saw the worm) :evil: . I went to TSC today and picked up some Wazine 17 (chicken, turkey, and swine label) that you put in their water supply. What dosage do I use for them? I raise Lionheads & we also have 2 polish, but I would also like to just go ahead and treat the dog and cats if this could be used for them also.
Also, can this be used on nursing does and 4 week old litters? I figure if I am treating 1 that they all should probably be treated.

The directions call for 1 ml per gallon of water for chickens 4-6 weeks (up to 100 chickens at this dosage). I was thinking of doing the 1ml but in 2 gallons of water instead of the 1 gallon. It is supposed to be used 1x a week for 3 weeks.

Apparently that stuff does not kill much besides round worms and some internet was recommending a broad spectrum dewormer

also clean the cage so you don't get any possible reinfection

I have used a pea sized amount of some horse dewormer that worked ok

lots found on google probably someone has experience with that dewormer here

I've read that grapefruit seed extract can be used as a natural preventative wormer for rabbits, but I don't know if it works to treat for worms.

Lizardslaps":3fnpabe8 said:
Apparently that stuff does not kill much besides round worms and some internet was recommending a broad spectrum dewormer

Hi there, there are two dewormers that are typically used with rabbits:
Panacur Equine Paste Horse Dewormer, which if you search on the internet there is a all things bunnies web site that sells the UK
Rabbit version of it that I have bought as well, or if you want to go to a place like Tractor Supply Store you can pick up for under
$5.00, 1.87% Ivermectin Wormer in apple flavor which helps. With this it's recommended that you use a pea sized or even small,
grain of rice size for rabbits. Additionally, you can use Ivermectin and Wazine, which is also known as Piperazine together which
is more effective.

Just sharing some info..

Thanks! <br /><br /> -- Thu May 29, 2014 6:21 am -- <br /><br />
Lizardslaps":3fnpabe8 said:

Hi there, there are two dewormers that are typically used with rabbits:
Panacur Equine Paste Horse Dewormer, which if you search on the internet there is a all things bunnies web site that sells the UK
Rabbit version of it that I have bought as well, or if you want to go to a place like Tractor Supply Store you can pick up for under
$5.00, 1.87% Ivermectin Wormer in apple flavor which helps. With this it's recommended that you use a pea sized or even small,
grain of rice size for rabbits. Additionally, you can use Ivermectin and Wazine, which is also known as Piperazine together which
is more effective.

Just sharing some info..

Thanks!

Back