Don't be a sheep!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":23vsra79 said:
Jack":23vsra79 said:
on another board, the running joke is that Ohio is trying for Florida's title of weirdo captitol of the US
I've lived in Florida. Surely Ohio doesn't have a chance! :popcorn:

Couple of slavery cases, few 'very' interesting kinky sex busts, the guy who was raping horses.... oh wait, last was Florida...

Jack":5ixdy9w9 said:
Miss M":5ixdy9w9 said:
Jack":5ixdy9w9 said:
on another board, the running joke is that Ohio is trying for Florida's title of weirdo captitol of the US
I've lived in Florida. Surely Ohio doesn't have a chance! :popcorn:

Couple of slavery cases, few 'very' interesting kinky sex busts, the guy who was raping horses.... oh wait, last was Florida...
:x :x :x :x :x
:p :p :p :p :p LOL!!!!!

Mountain Spice":2gld7gm1 said:
:x :x :x :x :x
:p :p :p :p :p LOL!!!!!

Interesting places I hang (actually most of the members are geriatric) where we have good fun making fun of humanity and wondering how nobody has found the off switch yet...

BTW, you really don't want to read the OH Vs. Florida thread, no one has found one to top last years winner :slap: :eek: :hannibal: , (Fl. BTW) Jr. waking in on gramps and the family dog :censored: ... :eek:ldgeezer: :dogkiss: :slap:

On a more serious note, I know for a fact that all STRONGLY believe in 'self reliance' and that at least for them the old adage
'never fight an old man, he's too old to fight, and will just kill you instead' is true for them.

Jack":dw4l8nzb said:
Sky, if you want to, I can ask for some good instructors close to you, so you can get your CCW
and sorry, but on another board, the running joke is that Ohio is trying for Florida's title of weirdo captitol of the US

Nah, California has them all trumped IMHO!!

Of course, that is coming from someone who lives in Arkansas, birthplace of the toothbrush. If it had been invented anywhere else, it would have been called a TEETHbrush.

I read through this - and I just got ta say - where the hell do you guys live?
If I had to think like that - I'd get a pitt bull and put a jacket and harness on it to make it look like a disability dog and take it every where with me.

Pit's make a wonderful service dog for certain application, however they must be trained from a puppy WHEN to pull

And really Squid, think even in NZ there are places you can and can't go, and you all have your share of funky gun laws (though arguably MUCH less messed up than OZ and even the US, at least you can buy new Full Autos (which are fun for wasting ammo) and other gun, however NZ is still not urbanized to the level most of the US nor nearly as 'disconnected' from reality of life.

As for the paranoia, no, not really, but then I'd view it no different than the awareness of what is around you walking through a forest or urban jungle, it's good to know what is there.

Jack":3vtaaox2 said:
Sky, if you want to, I can ask for some good instructors close to you, so you can get your CCW
and sorry, but on another board, the running joke is that Ohio is trying for Florida's title of weirdo captitol of the US

Thanks, but I don't do guns.

No offense taken, I am NOT a native Ohioan, the running joke here is I will never get married because I could never marry an Ohioan, or any man crazy enough to move here. None of my brothers married native Ohioans. When I die, I want my body shipped back to the place of my birth, or really any state other than Ohio.

__________ Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:20 pm __________

squidpop":3vtaaox2 said:
I read through this - and I just got ta say - where the hell do you guys live?
If I had to think like that - I'd get a pitt bull and put a jacket and harness on it to make it look like a disability dog and take it every where with me.

I do raise German Shepherds ;)

I have lived in Miami and New Orleans- two large cities not known for everyone getting along. Then I moved to the country in Mississippi- our "town" consisted of one four way stop sign. I felt safer- until the drug dealers and gangs decided that the sticks was a safe place to start dumping headless bodies.

Now I live in the mountains in Virginia. Half an hour from town. Safe again. But wait- just last night, we had to call the police as there were people going through the neighbor's open garage and we could hear them say, "Oh, they have dogs" (referring to us). It was obvious they were casing the area for future burglary. They were clueless that the mountains here make sounds carry. They couldn't see us, but we could hear them at the bottom of the mountain. We sat on our porch, prepared to "greet" them if they got brave. They had no idea that the dogs were the LEAST of their worries at our place.

It happens everywhere. Everywhere. It's not a matter of living in a state of fear or even thinking about the "what if"s all the time. It's just knowing that it's a possibility, and being prepared in advance. Make it a habit to be aware of your surroundings and it becomes second nature. Like going out to the store and locking your front door. You don't have to think about it, you just do it.

All we need to do is breed the Rabbit of Caerbannog and then we will all not have to worry anymore. Well, at least from people, the Killer Bunny we may have to worry about.

FWIW, we call our sheep 'sheeple' since they want to be people and come inside.

I read this post as if it were written now...hahaha...still relevant and even more so...be safe out there!

Back