doe gave birth and look at what i found

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my doe gave birth to normal size babies.. except this one..
2l8cj7c.jpg

Probably just got crowded out. Nutrients all went to the siblings around it. There's also just the mysterious failure to thrive disorder.

I had one like that just the other day! It was really dark in color though. It was out of a first time Satin doe who unfortunately kindled on the wire and overcleaned the kits, but they were all normal in size and fully formed.

Zass":20oy4smi said:
It can be preserved in a solution of 70% alcohol and sold online. Seriously.
ckcs":20oy4smi said:
Here is a fetal rabbit $28 http://www.ebay.com/itm/fetal-rabbit-we ... 4aced01203

Drat! :angry: I fed it to the cats!

I've had things like this on a couple of occasions, and I don't rebreed my does the next day/later in the day, so it's not a second pregnancy thing. I just figured they didn't finish cooking for one reason or another.

SB

Zass":1o6cz2fu said:
It can be preserved in a solution of 70% alcohol and sold online. Seriously.

Curios sell like hotcakes, especially anything atypical.

They do! I have 8 Flemish babies in Jars.
You have to be careful with shipping wet preserved items though there's all kinds of rules to go with it.
I also have wet preserved Ball Pythons and a female Veiled Chameleon! My friend's aunt's (maybe his grandma's, I don't really recall) dog had puppies who were unfortunately still born and he wet preserved them.
Being a collector of oddities I'm an extremely jealous man because he won't sell one to me! ):

Anyhow, to wet preserve you should always inject the specimen with 70% or 90% (I prefer 90% for injections) Isopropyl Alcohol and then submerse in 70% Alcohol. It's cheaper and safer than Formaldehyde. Injecting the specimen allows it to deteriorate slower than it would if in 70% Alcohol.

I still have all 8 of my flemish kits in jars, I've been thinking about selling them.
I just traded my red phase coyote pelt for two fox pelts
one is a "Silver" ranched fox, he's a very nice black and the other red fox, I believe also ranched.

Back