Do Beagles Like Sardines?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT_Hunter

Reaction score
got home last night...had bought some sardines on the way home to put in my live traps for whatever it is that is attacking my rabbits.. :gun: .I grabbed the big trap first...put half the sardines in the bottom of it and set it out behind the wood pile...grabbed the smaller trap...put the rest of the sardines in it and went to set it near the camper....clang...the first trap snapped shut.. :mrgreen: ..well...that was fast...I caught a 40 pounder...and it looked just like my beagle...Gravy....yep...that fat little beagle was trapped...dang near did not get her out of there...her tail was tucked up so tight between her legs I bet it was tickling her nose. :rotfl: ..she was whining and scared...but I got her out.....reset the trap....yelled at Gravy to get away from the other trap...as she wanted more sardines....not too smart of a beagle there when it comes to sardines and traps...it worked out well on the coon as well...had one in it about an hour later...nothing else came around thru the night...will keep the traps set just in case...

Beagles will eat anything...specially my little girl

Attachments

• min2005_1023_054541AA.JPG
    min2005_1023_054541AA.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 868
That is too funny! :lol: Poor Gravy...she just wanted some sardines! Glad to hear you caught at least one coon. Went out this morning and the bucket that holds the cat food was way across the porch, turned upside down...grrrrr :evil: Gotta git rid of that last one!

That is funny! :lol: BTW..........she is adorable! I LOVE beagles!!!

I wonder if sardines would work for our fox problem? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rescued her about 9 years ago....she is precious...in the campgrounds where I live...I am known as "Gravy's Owner"...no one actually knows my name...all the kids have to come visit her on the weekends..

Fox eh...probably will work...cost you $1.20 to find out...

ok, so I had a weird dream about foxes last night....dreamed that we had some in our chicken house....we don't HAVE a chicken house...LOL and that one of them came up and climbed up the front of me and then went over my shoulder and into my shirt at the back and ran back down! Then, it followed me everywhere like a dog or cat and would not leave me alone....weird. Wonder what I ate to produce that? LOL

oh my, I about split a gut laughing...I could just see that dog wedged in there...

I used to caretake a beagle for a lady...had to get a velcro lock for my fridge or she'd be in it chowing down.

Oh yea...I know all about the fridge...Gravy will snag a big red hot smokey right off a flaming grill if you don't watch her...best little friends for a companion...any of the hound family...

Your beagle was displaying one of the most obvious "You bet your sweet touche I ate those sardines" looks I've ever seen in my life.

I hope you disposed of the raccoon. They won't hesitate to attack rabbits or beagles and it may have been your culprit.

I caught one coon that same night...so I reset the traps...nothing yesterday morning...came home last night...no bait in the traps...Huh...reset traps using cat food...checked this morning...big trap was gone...so, at 4:30 am I am wondering down thru the woods looking for my trap...aaaah...there it is...down by the creek...empty...gotta get more sardines

Raccoons are smart... Sounds like the others learned from the first one's mistake and instead of entering the traps, they are tumbling them until the bait falls out or they can reach it with their paws.

Yep. kinda like North American monkeys...have to come up with a new plan...hey, if I can keep em busy until this weekend when I want to put up a fence...that is OK by me...as long as my rabbits are OK....

Try getting a larger "live trap". Chances are good they won't run down to the creek with it. LOL!!

I bought a set of 2 from tractor supply...one is rather large...I will stake it to the ground tonight...thinking about getting some stink bait from the fishing area as well as some more sardines...I will catch those little devels....

That is crazy!! I would never have thought they'd do that!

Back