Disaster averted - I love my bunnies :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dood

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
My wonderful doe Silver had a litter of 13 on Monday :D She is the star of my rabbitry and the best production doe I have, but I had a restless night waiting for the two other does to give birth as I won't let her try and feed 13.

Yesterday morning one of the other does popped 9, so I still dont have a foster mom for Silvers kits :( Still no kits from the 3rd doe, and no nest either, and another night of worrying as I hate culling newborns but I tried letting Silver feed 11 when she was only 9 months old and it was really rough on her, now that she is 3 I am not going to push it.

BUT

FINALLY this morning the third doe had a pitiful nest of fur and 5 chunky kits so I quickly mark the 4 fosterlings and hope to have a good rest tonight.

Good timing!
My favorite doe is nursing 11 right now, and I'm still waiting for another doe to popple and relieve her. Every time they get fed there are one or two kits with empty bellies.
Thankfully, she feeds twice(or more) daily and it's usually different kits, but one or two are still getting empty bellies more often than the rest.

Congrats on getting a foster. I still have yet to really have my does sink, and the one time they did, they all had 10-12 babies.

Back