destructive? who, me?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SterlingSatin

Reaction score
i've got 2 does due on wednesday, and put their NB's in today, which is a little early but one of them was a newbie and i wasn't sure if she wanted a little more time to build her nest. neither of the two nest boxes were new, but they were in fairly decent condition. one was just slightly loose from chewing around the screws. I tightened up the seams with a few strips of duct tape, since my rabbits usually aren't too bad about chewing. 3 hours later, i walk in to see that nest box in pieces on the floor of the cage and shavings all over the tray. pretty impressive. honestly, that doe has teeth like chainsaws to take it apart in three hours. it was held together with screws and industrial staples!

Attachments

• rsz_dscn0936.jpg
    rsz_dscn0936.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 551
:shock: You know how we give the bunnies tree branches to chew on? I think somebunny needs a tree!

haha yes. i have to sterilize a new nest box for her now. i think i'll be putting a tree branch in at the same time. hopefully she goes for that instead of the box because if she destroys a second one then i'm out of luck. may have more success with a metal NB, at least for this doe :p

Give her a cardboard box to play with when you give her another nestbox. It may distract her so she doesn't destroy the good one.A couple of nice thick apple branches would definitely help keep her occupied.

Particle board doesn't hold up well to a rabbit's teeth. LOL

Try using OSB or plywood....They actually withstand chewing better than solid 3/4 board.

grumpy.

Back