Cleveland TN

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeDe

Reaction score
Glad to have found this forum as we are fairly new to raising and breeding meat rabbits. Look forward to chatting

Welcome to RabbitTalk.:) How is rabbit raising so far?

Hello fellow Clevelander, I raise American rabbits, Been at it over a year now. Heat has not really been an issue for me. My rabbits are kept in deep shade, they are never in direct sunlight. I am sure heat effects different types of rabbits differently. To date I have lost only one rabbit, and it was not heat related. I swapped to Bermuda grass hay (no seeds to get in garden). Rabbit overate on hay and foundered itself. Stupid mistake on my part, gave it to much at one time, instead of adding it in small amounts. Good Luck on raising rabbits. You will make mistakes but as long as you learn from them (and other people mistakes) it's no big deal. Lots of information here and if I can be of assistance let me know. Make sure your rabbits have access to plenty of water they drink more than you would think.

Back