Can a registered rabbit have the wrong color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just really wish the breeder would get back to me. I'm not that concerned with whether he's registered or not. I don't show rabbits. I just would like to give accurate pedigrees to the babies. But, his pedigree says he's out of a blue and a broken blue. Since he's an opal that's not possible. Then I have to wonder if the breeder is calling all of his opals and broken opals, blues? That's what he thought my rabbit was. So, it may just be a matter of the wrong colors written on the pedigree. The registration number he wrote down for me on the pedigree is NV3765. Does that sound like a typical registration number?

All my registration numbers, and all those appearing on my grand champion pedigrees, follow the pattern of letter-3digit number letter, like A123B. I have about a dozen states, and a bunch of registrars represented on these pedigrees, so to I'd have to say that is likely not a registration number. My grand champion numbers all follow a letter then a 3 or 4 digit number, like A1234. So that does not seem to fit either.

Grand champs are not the only ones who get numbers. We have some registered who have registration numbers, our GC rabbits have their registration numbers and another number on their grand champ certificates. On their GC verge it states their name, with ear number and registration number.

Hope your breeder gets back with you to clear up for you. But as you said you can start new with better record keeping and go from there,
Best of luck.

countryhorse":38ys753f said:
Grand champs are not the only ones who get numbers. We have some registered who have registration numbers, our GC rabbits have their registration numbers and another number on their grand champ certificates. On their GC verge it states their name, with ear number and registration number.

Hope your breeder gets back with you to clear up for you. But as you said you can start new with better record keeping and go from there,
Best of luck.

For paperwork purposes, yes they are assigned two different numbers, one for registration, and another for grand champion.

Sorry but I am not seeing the "rings" He has a huge amount of scattered white hairs.. I see that where you are blowing his fur. Can you take a picture of the tan triangle at the nape of his neck? Also your Himi could possibly be an Agouti Himi so having an Opal is not total proof the opal kit was produce from the sire. If he is registered he will have a registration paper that is separate from his pedigree, and the previous owner must give you that paper so you can fill it out and send in the change of ownership to ARBA.

Satinsrule I would send a complaint into ARBA about your missing R tattoos.. :shock: :shock:

From the looks, I doubt the rabbit is old enough to have his GC unless he got his last leg right at 6 months

what he said....
Maybe you were told wrong and he's not registered. The only number the person could give you is his ear number not a registration number.

Sometimes it's ignorance, other times they might as well be used car salesmen, the kinda people who give competitive and meat breeders (honest) a bad name
they are the same thing as puppy mills, and just cause they type up a paper don't mean SQUAT, I know that there have been breeders who have misrepresented their line, just look at craigslist.

Most people starting out think pedigreed means registered.I had people argue this with me.i doubt a registar doesnt know what an opal looks like.i think you must have the wrong papers.

Latest posts

Back