Can’t find penecillin?! Can I use Oxytet 100?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluffleFarm

Reaction score
Guys I can’t find penicillin.

Tractor supply can’t order it. They have tylosin and oxytetracycline.

I’m going for injectable.

One of my girls has been fighting some kind of lady parts infection. No mites or scabs etc near her lady bits. Just inflamed and slightly pussy.
I’ve washed, treated with tucks, neosporin etc. nothing.

So now I’m looking at pen g but can’t find it only tylosin Or oxytetracycline. Anyone used either?

You will want to be extra careful using antibiotics on rabbits because it also kills the good bacteria in their gut they need. Plus antibiotics can also kill a rabbit if doses aren't right. If you think she has vent disease thats hip injections for 7 days switching to every other hip to prevent soreness. You can restore good bacteria by giving a few spoonfuls of yogurt during treatment

You will want to be extra careful using antibiotics on rabbits because it also kills the good bacteria in their gut they need. Plus antibiotics can also kill a rabbit if doses aren't right. If you think she has vent disease thats hip injections for 7 days switching to every other hip to prevent soreness. You can restore good bacteria by giving a few spoonfuls of yogurt during treatment
She’s already on probiotics but I’ll keep the yogurt in mind.
I don’t think it’s vent disease. She doesn’t have any symptoms other than swelling and redness on genitals. No pimples or sores there or on her nose/lips/eyes or other membrane mucous junctions which is common for vent disease:

she’s on Timothy hay only. Since it started as poopy butt I removed her pellets and gave her water with probiotics and unlimited hay. It’s been several weeks which is why I am looking to treat with medicine vs just cleaning and diet.

Back