Camera

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a nice camera, and was wondering if some RTers would give me some advice.
Could you say your camera type, how you like it, how long you've had it and maybe add some pictures taken by it to show the quality? :) Thanks!

I've got a Nikon D60 - aside from it's weight, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it !

The only editing here is to resize for sharing online.

Bug4H's bunny in our backyard
George_July312015 (1).jpg

Bug4H - full on sunlight
BlackCreek (102).jpg

Again - in my backyard
00_Bird02_sm.jpg

I've used it to shoot 3 weddings, a couple of pregnancy and newborn shoots too.

I also have a point and shoot that I'm REALLY fond of - it's a Nikon Coolpix - waterproof, shockproof - KID proof !

During a concert - great detail even with the wonkiest of lighting
DSCN1675.jpg

Face full of water gave a great shot
DSCN0617.jpg

I have a Fujifilm XP. It is water/shock/dust/freeze proof. I have dropped this camera from about 5 feet off the ground. It has been used in the pool, lake, and trucks gone wild it has been caked in mud and then washed off and still stays strong. Battery life is about 2-3 hours of non-stop shooting, or days of quick pics.
Here are a few pictures taken with this camera:
033 (600x450).jpg
Water was a little murky. :oops:
DSCF0508 (600x450).jpg
038 (600x450).jpg
T.G.W 2012 068 (600x450).jpg

I love this camera but it does take a little to learn all the tricks. It also take video and panoramic shots. A new one of these is running about $180

heritage":1r860blm said:
What price range are you wanting? Something bigger for more professional photos, or a good quality point and shoot?

Um....I'm not really sure, I was thinking something bigger, but I really just want something that takes good quality pictures even zoomed far in. And I'd love it if it had good focus when taking pictures of moving things.
I wouldn't want to pay more than $500 for one but hoping to stick in the $300 range.

HOWsMom":1r860blm said:
I've got a Nikon D60 - aside from it's weight, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it !

Sounds more like something I'm looking for. How much did you pay for it?

I have an Olympus Pen and it has been a great midline camera. I was looking at a bit more professional of a model when I found it. I don't have many pics on my newest computer but I will see if I can find some to post. I have some portraits of the kids that people thought were professionally done. I do mostly every day photos with it, but also a lot of landscape/nature photography. It has been dropped a few times so the lens isn't great anymore, and it's a bit slower to switch modes now (it's a few years old at this point.... I take thousands of pictures and usually only get a new camera when the old one is completely worn out... not even functional. For point and shoots that means about a 2 year life span, this has made it twice that long so far and is still going). The shutter speed is fast enough I rarely miss a moment (my biggest complaint with most P&Ss is a slow shutter speed - either blurring the picture or entirely missing the moment I wanted to capture).

I also have a Nikon point and shoot and like it for my purse/diaper bag. It takes decent pictures as well. Not quite the depth of a nicer camera, and no where near the settings, but in motion it gets what I need it to get.

__________ Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:33 am __________

Some random ones from my photobucket acct.

Olympus Pen:

(Same thing, just a few years later - a couple more kids added ;) )

<br /><br /> __________ Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:47 am __________ <br /><br /> I will admit I don't use the camera to it's full capacity. I haven't yet learned a huge amount about the manual settings.... maybe someday.

Back