Calling all color gurus for STS, American Chinchilla, Silver, Silver Fox, Sable, Sable Chinchilla, and anyone familiar with both Es & si genes.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an instagram account whit amazing photos of Great Silvers in Sweden

Thanks!
So are Great Silvers a kind of cylindrical high-head mount type like a Blue Holicer or a Czech Frosty? (Sorry, my language skills only extend to English, Latin, French and Spanish...) In the US the Argente breeds are commercial types, but all of those Great Silvers on the Instgram page seemed to naturally pose like a Blue Holicer.
They really are beautiful, as is your buck.

I think all breeds are posed like this in Europe even if they are commercial breeds. In the beginning it was confusing as I am doing this for meat mainly, and am not really planning to show.( But I do want to breed good stock) In UK rabbits are pets and fewer people have meat rabbits. It is much more information from US. The reason I am crossbreeding atm is that there are not enough genetic material of the Great Silvers to find here and I REALLY want to have this breed :D:ROFLMAO:

I think all breeds are posed like this in Europe even if they are commercial breeds. In the beginning it was confusing as I am doing this for meat mainly, and am not really planning to show.( But I do want to breed good stock) In UK rabbits are pets and fewer people have meat rabbits. It is much more information from US. The reason I am crossbreeding atm is that there are not enough genetic material of the Great Silvers to find here and I REALLY want to have this breed :D:ROFLMAO:
We do have breeders of Argente de Champagnes in the UK, so you might be able to source stock from them? Quite a few are from European import lines. Have you contacted the National or any of the regional Argente clubs?

Back