Buying commercial cages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we built 20-3hole 30x30x18 cages last summer .we ordered our wire and supplies from Klubertanz.Wire , j-clips,60 water nipples.200ft heat tape(for waterline),60 feeders, and freight to Mo was about $1600.
Saved us a lot of money

hoodat":3ntf3h4s said:
What a great business to be in. It's a shame American consumers don't readily accept rabbit meat. None of the big markets carry it because they can't sell enough to be profitable.

20-30 years ago, it wasn't at all uncommon to see rabbit cages in the back yards of homes in this state, both in the countryside and in small and bigger towns. The reason was because people raised them as a means of raising meat to supplement their diets and incomes.

Today, people don't view it like that at all. They view rabbits as these cute loveable creatures in Easter bunny pictures and Cadbury commercials, and cannot get past that picture in their heads long enough to imagine ever eating them.

I checked and the price on a 12-hole maternity cage is upwards of $1,000.00 and they can't be shipped by UPS. If I decide to go with this type of design, looks like I'll have to build them.

My late chime in here...I like Klubertanz prices, but if you're putting in a large order, Bass will save you money. They have a flat rate shipping schedule and are much quicker at shipping out. Of course, if you are in MN, it may be much cheaper to go with Klubertanz.

Why do I recall you saying you were in CA, in on of your posts? It must be senility.

MNBobcat":3u8q8sec said:
I checked and the price on a 12-hole maternity cage is upwards of $1,000.00 and they can't be shipped by UPS. If I decide to go with this type of design, looks like I'll have to build them.

I went back and forth with build or buy....I finally decided to just build my own as I could not find the ones I wanted. I bought from Klubertanz. I am very happy with what I got. I would suggest figuring out what you want, then emailing them for a quote. They will give you a shipping quote that is much better than you might think it will be. I had calculated $150 shipping for my order and the quote came in at $75 which is not bad from Wisconsin to South Texas. I got enough to make 3 doe cages 30 x 36 x 18 and 3 buck/grow-out cages 30 x 24 x 18 for the same cost as buying four pre built or kit cages. Cages, jclips and applier, 4 feeders, 4 large flip top water bottles, latch wires and edge trim for doors and openings, with shipping, was $325.

Shannon

MNBobcat":3hmd430h said:
I figured it out. Those are Clerici cages.

Rabbits Plus sells them. I may give them a call tomorrow. Curious as to what they cost.
:shock: Wow. Those are awesome cages. About the size I thought they were. If I ever went commercial I would want those soo badly. I have a thing for well designed anything, and those are very well designed!

Today, people don't view it like that at all. They view rabbits as these cute loveable creatures in Easter bunny pictures and Cadbury commercials, and cannot get past that picture in their heads long enough to imagine ever eating them.

I blame Disney
them and that damn movie
BAMBI
worst thing to happen to eating fresh organic meat
and now nobody wants thumper...

Latest posts

Back