Bucks socializing?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbits by Accident

Reaction score
So, I went to the fount of all knowledge šŸ˜œ and watched a YouTube video where they said you need to keep a divider between bucks because they will pee on each other. So mine are right next to each other but I put up a barrier so they cannot see each other and I feel kind of bad about that LOL. Is it okay to have them in wire cages right next to each other without a visual barrier between and they won't pee on each other? The last time I had rabbits I only had one buck so didn't have that problem. Thanks for any info.

I had originally posted this question on another thread but did not want to hijack their thread.

(The last buck in the row is near the girls so he has a barrier for sure because otherwise he gets so excited he's going to wear himself out and have a heart attack LOL)

Liz

So, I went to the fount of all knowledge šŸ˜œ and watched a YouTube video where they said you need to keep a divider between bucks because they will pee on each other. So mine are right next to each other but I put up a barrier so they cannot see each other and I feel kind of bad about that LOL. Is it okay to have them in wire cages right next to each other without a visual barrier between and they won't pee on each other? The last time I had rabbits I only had one buck so didn't have that problem. Thanks for any info.

I had originally posted this question on another thread but did not want to hijack their thread.

(The last buck in the row is near the girls so he has a barrier for sure because otherwise he gets so excited he's going to wear himself out and have a heart attack LOL)

Liz
It all depends on the buck, almost every single one I own right now doesn't spray (and that's a lot of adult bucks!) I actually can house a few together in a colony, but this is temperament and I know it will vary for everyone

There hasn't been that much buck spraying here, although occasionally one will. Generally not on any of the other bucks, though. They have wire dividers between them so they can still visit with each other without fighting. There's even a pair of bucks happily cohabitating and nobunny is dead yet. Haven't a clue why, they should have been fighting ages ago but they don't. There is this one buck that the other bucks just want to be with. They'll somehow manage to squirm into his space to hang out with him. First time it happened, I moved the wandering buck onto a different level. Then the buck that had been moved next to the one all the bucks want to be with managed to squirm in with the other buck. So now I just let them be together if they want. No fighting, no spraying, I have no idea why. Bunnies are weird.

I have a buck that will spray every thing. He just will. He's athletic. I just let him, and wash things.

Back