Buckets O' Bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
Inspiration from MDS's pics of her potted bunnies.

I had milk crates in my cages for the buns to have a spot to nest as a way to help them stay out of the crazy cold wind we have had lately. I hated that it took up sooo much of the cage floor. Poor things didn't have room to move around. I searched and searched for pots. Only found one. BUT all those frosting pails have come in handy. These ones didnt have lids that sealed enough for bunny feed storage so they were made into frosting shelters instead.
I also managed to get the baby wire around the cages as well.

Poor scardy is so frightened when anything new is in her cage. it took her 2 days to go near the crate. The others are very curious about the buckets.
As you can see they all love the yard greens.

Attachments

• dandylion.JPG
    dandylion.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 514
  • blk rose eating.JPG
    blk rose eating.JPG
    337 KB · Views: 514
  • pot o' cujo.JPG
    pot o' cujo.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 514
  • scardy eating.JPG
    scardy eating.JPG
    343.8 KB · Views: 514
BunnyBuckets are sweeping the nation! :p

I have been eying our food grade buckets too! :lol:

Awesome! I've been searching for free buckets for my buns.. haven't found anything big enough just yet, but I'm determined!

Those are about the same size and shape of the kitty litter buckets.
I used those as nestboxes when I had the smaller sized bunnies - not nearly big enough for Elops, but another thought of something that could be tried.

I dont know how big elops get. But these are 12 inches high and rectangular. I would say the opening is 7x10inches. I think they are 3.5 gallon pails. The buckets make my buns look tiny in the pics. They are all 8-10 pounds rabbits.

Miss M":1kzo9c3f said:
Rabbits in frosting buckets... Look out, Terry aka Frosted Rabbits might want a cut of the action! :eek: :D

mY "Frosted" comes from the poet-- Robert Frost!!!

Latest posts

Back