broken cream doe+black buck=what color kits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLittleBunny10

Reaction score
I bred my holland lop broken cream/fawn doe and black(with grey feet) and was wondering what color kits they can have :?:
I tried a color getorator and all it said was chestnut,
any other colors besides that?

Yup - chestnut and broken chestnut.

Your rabbits may have hidden recessives and if they match up in a kit, you could have other colours.

If we knew what colour their parents, litter mates or what colour kits they have already had, we can tell you what else you may get.

my bucks brother was black (litter of 2)

and this is their first litter<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 pm __________<br /><br />and what do you mean by "hidden recessives"?

For example a black rabbit could carry the gene for chocolate but you couldn't see it. In this case if your black rabbit carries tort you could get red aka cream aka orange. If your cream carries self you could get black or if both carry those you could get torts. We don't know because it's hidden. We only know that chestnuts are guaranteed.

No that's just sunbleaching. You can't see the colors at all. They are completely hidden. Your buck could carry red eyed white and you wouldn't know it. He could carry blue and there's no way to tell except looking at the parents and test breeding.

that website is cool! (but a little confusing)
how did he get sunbleached?
is grey feet normal in blacks?

Blacks are very hard to keep pure black. Any amount of sun can sunbleach them and as the coat gets older dead ends to the hair will look brown as well. They need a good molt then to recover their pure black coat.

oh, ok when do rabbits molt?
he has a little bit of white on his tail and a few strands on his ears does that mean he's getting old?<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm __________<br /><br />what is test breeding?

Back