Blind? Eye Infection?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briz

Reaction score
Got a good look at my 3 week old kits and noticed that one's eye was different from the other. The right eye's pupil is much larger and cloudy. The other eye and other kits' eyes' pupils are not this large. Is this a cataract or eye infection? Would Terramycin or flushing the eye with Vetericyn be helpful or will bunny just have a bum eye? He hops around just fine and seems to have a response of closing the eye when a finger approaches.

bY4EnbB.jpg

ZOXtXt6.jpg

Rabbits can also get cataracts but it is quite rare and even rarer in rabbits under 5 years old.

This cloudyness looks to be inside the eye and not on the surface so a bacterial infection is less likely but E. cuniculi can cause a cloudy film inside the pupil.

Have you had any cases of wry neck in your rabbits or seizures or unexplained deaths ?

No cases of those things, but I've only had my Hollands for a year. This is the second litter out of my BEW doe.

I'm thinking I'll try Terramycin for a week and see if it helps. Otherwise (or if it gets worse) I'll see a vet about it.

Back