Bittersweet couple of days here...*Pics Added and a Surprise

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
Missed putting in a nestbox and lost a litter of 10 to the cold yesterday...:( and one of our barn cats got hit by a car...:( This morning, I found a litter of 8 by OD5, one of our BEST does that was all in the front of the nest box and chilled. They were still floppy and no red toenails so I rushed them inside and was able to revive 7 of them. They are now roasty toasty in the nestbox in my closet. And Popeye, daughter to the cat that was killed, had five kittens last night. So, it ended on a good note.

:(<br /><br />__________ Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 am __________<br /><br />and :)

Good save.

So glad you had a couple of high notes to balance the lows.

*wishes more lows away from OAF for a while*

Awww I'm so sorry for the losses, good save on the kits and jealous of the kittens. :) My favorite kitty disappeared while I was gone for surgery. Probably Coyotes, they had come unusually close to the house and she was an unusually protective cat and would not have hesitated to attack something that size. :( I miss her.

Aww! :(

Sorry about the litter lost, and your poor kitty. Good save on the other litter and congrats on the kittens.

Farm life sure has its highs and lows. It sure is nice when new births follow deaths so closely- it is a good reminder that life does indeed go on.

And snuggling a new kitten or popple while mourning the lost makes it a little easier to bear.

(((Hugs))) to you, my Sistah. :encourage:

Raising animals sure does have its ups and downs. So sorry to hear about your barn cat and lost popples. But kittens! I hope you can share some pictures with us. It doesn't seem like all that long since Popeye was a kitten herself.

Awwww... so sorry to hear about the kits and the cat! :cry:

So glad you were able to save the other litter, though... and that you have some new kittens. :)

Wow! What a lot going on! So sorry to hear about the lost kits and cat, but glad for more popples and kittens! Wasn't Popeye a kitten when we were there? I'm getting the cats all mixed up.

So, I open the back door Friday night and guess who is standing there? Phil...the cat I thought was run over!!! Evidently it was someone else's white cat.... o_O Glad she is ok, but it was kinda spooky! :x

20130405_204215.jpg

Popeye's kittens
20130405_204535.jpg

One of the babies I saved
20130405_211405.jpg

NZW and fostered Rex babies
20130405_211223.jpg

More Rex babies
20130405_211251.jpg

Where, oh where is the Zombie Cat Smiley? :thinking:

Alas, this will have to do... :zombiebun:

I'm glad Phil came back from the dead! :p

The kittens and popples look great. :)

We should be having litters of kittehs any time now here too. I can hardly wait! :D

So happy to hear about Phil! Thats wonderful!! :)
Those kits and kittens are so adorable! :D

Love the pictures, nothing sweeter than babies, of any variety. Glad Phil is ok.

Back