Best price for stacked cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philothea

Reaction score
Looking for a triple stack 24x36 (prefered) or 30x30 that I can put inside for the summer. I am looking for suggestions on where to get them from. They will eventually go outside, but under a cover.

I am in Texas so shipping will have to be a factor. If it was just hanging cages then I would probably build them myself but since I would have to order pans and legs anyway, plus my time I would think it would be not too much difference in cost vs time/cost.

Thanks!

I have some ordered expensive cages, some I made and then bought pans and legs and some from tractor supply.

All the kits are pretty much the same. The ones I built came out to about the same cost as the ones from tractor supply that were a kit. The only thing I like about building my own is that I can decide where to place the door and the size of the door.

My husband decided to buy a cage from agway and it came sealed in the box, missing a side and you had to still use jclips.

The kits from tractor supply there are no jclips, some are already jcliped together and then you bend these wire things, I like that as it is alot easier and faster to put together.

I believe the 24 x 24 kits are $50 at TS. It includes the pan and legs so 3 kits will give you a triple stack. There is also a feeder and water bottle in the kit.

Oh, the newest kit I bought from TS was powder coated over the wire, very nice, same price. It doesn't say coated on the box but mine were so I was pleasantly suprised.

I have some TSC cages and honestly, not very impressed with the quality. The powder coating is already coming off in some spots and rusting. (Less than 6 months old). My Pet Lodge ones are better but I really want the 36x24 which is not the normal size. I have alot of 36x30 but it hard to reach the back, esp if it is high up.

It's not going to cost any more for cages to be shipped to you from CA or WI than it will from a neighboring or closer state. Been there, done that.

What I would encourage you to do very strongly would be to get a quality stacker set. Klubertanz makes arguably the best, KW Cages makes awesome ones, too. Fry Cages in KS last very well, too.

Most of mine are from Klubertanz, and I don't have the first complaint in the world about them. Their K-series stackers are made with GAW wire and 14-gauge wire flooring. It all makes a difference, trust me.

I've heard horrible things about tsc cages and it's the only cage one of mine has gotten sore hocks on. Plus they are way overpriced. By the time you take shipping and quality in to account with the extra price of tsc you actually come out ahead by paying shipping.

I had TSC cages and I also can vouch for their poor quality. I recently replaced them and Klubertanz had the best prices and, while I decided to order supplies to make my own stackers rather than buy them, the quality is amazing! I do not know the difference between the two series.

philothea":2kk0nk6h said:
What is the difference between the J series and K-series. Just the GAW vs GBW?

J-series cages are one-piece assemblies with three different levels. They are also GBW wire. They're not bad cages at all, but the real pain comes if/when you go to move them outside for cleaning because you're pretty well forced to move three cages all at one time. Believe it or not, three wire cages weigh quite a bit.

K-Series cages are traditional stackers. You can remove each cage separately, and they're made of GAW wire. I prefer them because of how much less hassle they are to move around and disassemble when the time to clean them rolls around.

Both cage designs come with Dura-Tray drip pans.

I have 30x30 Pet Logic cages, I am very happy with them after a year, they are galvanized after welding and I have no rust so far. :bananadance:

I have a few Pet Logic cages. I just wish they made a 36x24 size. I could do the 30x30, it is just not ideal. Anyone have experience with the stackers from Bass Equipment?

I have no experience with stackers, but my original 24 holes are from BASS. They are GBW, but have held up nicely under cover. I have had them for a little over two years.

Some people complain that the 16 gauge floors sag, but mine still crown up when empty. I j-clipped every two inches though, which adds a lot of strength.

philothea":1co7cuht said:
I have a few Pet Logic cages. I just wish they made a 36x24 size. I could do the 30x30, it is just not ideal. Anyone have experience with the stackers from Bass Equipment?

I have 6 stackers from Bass and while they worked in a crunch, I won't buy them again. They use 16-gauge wire for the floors meaning there is too much give in them whenever a commercial-sized rabbit moves, and all the wire on the cages is GBW at best. You'll pay just as much on your total bill, and get less for your money when you consider how flimsy they are.

Latest posts

Back