Bark shingles

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeaky

Reaction score
I'm currently working on my plans for my bunny palace. There are going to be a couple exposed pieces of lumber. So, I've been racking my brain on how to utilize these pieces and have come up with the idea of covering them with untreated bark shingles, so that way if bunny turns out to be a chewer he'll have something to chew on, that can easily be replaced with more.

My question is, has anyone tried this? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, a quick question on flooring, the place will be in our living room and I was looking at doing either tile or vinyl but adding grass rugs/blankets to match the decor, would that work? Or maybe even getting the spray paint with the sand added for more grip, does anyone have any experience with that method? I'm looking for something eye pleasing and easy to clean.

Thanks

Wow! :) I have no idea, but you have some neat-sounding ideas! You'll probably get some (useful) responses tomorrow.

Welcome to RabbitTalk!

Miss M":25y7nnwf said:
Wow! :) I have no idea, but you have some neat-sounding ideas! You'll probably get some (useful) responses tomorrow.

Welcome to RabbitTalk!

I've got all these ideas running through my mind, :bunnyhop: hubby calls it bunny fever. I'm so glad I found a group who understands...Lol...I'm going to start another thread for the build and will post pics

We have used bark shingles for bird houses and found they break down rather quickly, but inside should not be an issue. I would, of course, make sure the bark is from a bun safe tree species.

Welcome to RT!

Rabbits might use their litterboxes well (or might not), but they will probably decide against the idea sometimes, seemingly at random.
So easy-to-clean is top priority for inside pens because poo is never eye pleasing (unless it's in the garden ;)).
Textured paint...may be difficult to clean.

Latest posts

Back