back in it again!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnetmoth

Reaction score
Angela (cal nz cross) first time mom, had 8 babies today! One was cold but intact. Ive been trying to warm him and hes taken a few breaths but isnt keeping warm. Ill try a little longer (Im eating lunch, hes in a bowl with a heat pack, wrapped in a napkin)

She pulled a bunch of fur. She calmly let me check them all out, and I tucked all the rest of the hair I could grab back in with them. The rest of them look great and are wiggly!

Shes a keeper! Got shy unnamed other first timer and Violet (their mom) due today or tomorrow!

Violet had her usual litter of 5, but theyre big and "poppling" quite robustly.

Angela pulled more fur, and I tucked some in the box, and saved some for the box change. hers arent quite as big or active but with 7 I really cant complain- they are good and warm and one was squiggling away from the pile so I tucked him back in. they look fed.

Un-named must just be waiting for a name so I can brag on her, shes huge and made the best nest of hay in the box but hasnt pulled fur. DH says she was "hay boning" 3 days ago.

Congrats! I can imagine it's a relief when things go well. I can't wait to start having our own litters. :D

Congrats! Hope you can get the small cold one around too! Were expecting aprill 4th and 11th around here..getting close!!

Angelas little chilled one didnt make it, but he tried.

the finally-named Biscuit kindled 4 in the box last night. Pulled a lot of fur. Her 4 are big and "poppling" like Violets. Still a lot of squirming in Angelas brood but they are quieter. I wonder if its a size/maturity thing, or they just get rambunctious when they are hungry?

so right now, we are at 16, which is more than we raised in 3 litters last year. Ill need to get a better system going for poop patrol! Its so early in the year, we may choose to sell some!

This is the beginning of our 3rd season, and its been tough at times but this has been a neat learning curve.

im just excited that we could actually look at barter or sales this year!

We ordered a fall half hog from our foundation doe's breeder, but with rabbits and chickens and quail, we may be filling our own freezer for the most part!

Everybunny is still wriggling, eating, and calm so far. Id post pics, but theyre REWs. I may do it for size comparison.

um, that was disappointing.

Violet, our Sr. Doe lost all of hers, and Angela lost one that was half dragged out of the box. thpppbt. We'll scrub Vi's cage real well, give her a week off, and rebreed....

DH says one looked lean. 2 were presumably chilled yesterday, their paws right past their claws looked a bit bloodshot like theyd been trying to crawl and got lost. Today the remaining 3 were all together.

I did go out and shovel the pans yesterday afternoon but nobunny got upset. the buck sometimes thumps if Im out there when hes feeling rambunctious.

the one from Angelas litter just got dragged and hung on the side of the box, he was good and plump.

Big deep breath, and we'll try again.<br /><br />__________ Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:17 pm __________<br /><br />so were approaching 2 weeks now, and Angela still has 6 good looking kits, and Biscuit's 4 are chubs!

DH was out of town for a little bit and he picks the adults up better than I do, so with him back we can re-breed Violet.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 1ab2ea5c06 3 bunny pics in there.

Latest posts

Back