Babies!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm probably overly excited but...... babies!!! I'll add pics of momma and dad too. I apologize for blurry pics of Stewie he doesn't like photoshoots....or holding still 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20240918_153550.jpg
    20240918_153550.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240918_153310.jpg
    20240918_153310.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240918_153252.jpg
    20240918_153252.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-1617670261.jpg
    Snapchat-1617670261.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-152781526.jpg
    Snapchat-152781526.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-1055982011.jpg
    Snapchat-1055982011.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Snapchat-1804156422.jpg
    Snapchat-1804156422.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 0
Congrats! Just got our 3rd litter this morning and I was just as excited as the first, hope that excitement never wanes.
That's awesome!!!! How many? And me too, I love seeing the patterns and how well they are doing. I'm currently working on momma to realize that I'm not messing with the babies everytime I open the door lol she's very snorty right off the bat, but last night just snuggled her head into my hand, so yay!!! Progress!!!

That's awesome!!!! How many? And me too, I love seeing the patterns and how well they are doing. I'm currently working on momma to realize that I'm not messing with the babies everytime I open the door lol she's very snorty right off the bat, but last night just snuggled her head into my hand, so yay!!! Progress!!!
Just five with this litter but I had actually guessed it right as the doe is older (proven brood doe) and the first litter for and proving one of my young bucks. Three black and two blues! My very first litter with my original meat mutts gave me nine (all since retired to camp) and my other silver fox litter that's almost six weeks old now was also nine after one still born. I have two unproven does due next month, nervous with those as I've heard the first litters for new moms don't always go well. Hoping for the best so we shall see.

Each doe will have thier own personality and react differently when doing baby checks. The does for my first two litters showed a lot of concern when I would pull babies but weren't aggressive, the newest mom isn't bothered at all, you can tell she's accustomed to it. I find that putting a little treat bowl together of a teaspoon each of calf manna, BOSS and old fashioned oats and giving that to momma then pulling out the nest box makes them happy and distracted. The added benefits of it helping milk supply and keeping the doe's condition is an added plus.

Just five with this litter but I had actually guessed it right as the doe is older (proven brood doe) and the first litter for and proving one of my young bucks. Three black and two blues! My very first litter with my original meat mutts gave me nine (all since retired to camp) and my other silver fox litter that's almost six weeks old now was also nine after one still born. I have two unproven does due next month, nervous with those as I've heard the first litters for new moms don't always go well. Hoping for the best so we shall see.

Each doe will have thier own personality and react differently when doing baby checks. The does for my first two litters showed a lot of concern when I would pull babies but weren't aggressive, the newest mom isn't bothered at all, you can tell she's accustomed to it. I find that putting a little treat bowl together of a teaspoon each of calf manna, BOSS and old fashioned oats and giving that to momma then pulling out the nest box makes them happy and distracted. The added benefits of it helping milk supply and keeping the doe's condition is an added plus.
That's awesome!! I understand being nervous for the new new mommas. I've got two coming up in the next month for their very first litters. One is my oldest daughter's show rabbit 😬😬😬 (really nervous about that one, she didn't take for the first breeding). Thank you for the idea too!!! I didn't think about a treat bowl to help with momma. I'll def have to try that!!

Latest posts

Back