Avoid this sorry excuse for a man!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the dog needs to know what it is being ask before correcting them will work. look at the dob, he is doing very good at heeling and following the turns at first. so it shows that the dog knows what is being asked. there were also a few "watch me" tugs. the correction come when the dob decides to stop and watch the cameraman instead of watching the handler.

Secuono":13gos9im said:
Those dog's weren't wagging their tails in happiness, those were wags to appease the angry man. Everytime he moved towards them, they would cower and shy away. Clear sign he's been beating on them constantly. That's cruelty. They shouldn't be living in fear. None of the jerking was justifiable, he paused, waited, then whacked them. Even if it was a proper correction, the timing was far too off for them to make the connection. He's lucky none of those dogs turned on him and ripped him up.
I actually saw a video on Youtube where a dog turned on Cesar Milan and ripped into him.. haha he actually said in the vid he "didn't see THAT coming" What a moron he was, that dog was showing signs though the entire clip..

It doesn't matter the size of the dog, the level of drive it has, or the level of stereotyping we give it as a breed. It is completely unnecessary to cause physical pain during training. When you use punitive techniques you aren't teaching the dog how to act in the manner you see as correct, you are teaching the dog to repress behaviours and fear you which can have a serious side effects in the future. With punitive the dog will do the bare minimum to avoid punishment. When I watch videos of this man "training" I don't see dogs that are learning, I see fearful dogs, and I see confused dogs. The reason I see these things is because the man himself has no idea how to train a dog. You cannot tell a dog to sit and expect it to sit and when the dog doesn't correct it. The word sit itself has no meaning and it has no value to the dog (believe it or not dogs are excellent bankers). You have to create meaning and value to the dog in order for the dog to understand and perform the command.

Luring or in this cause suddenly forcing a dog into position and inflicting pain for breaking position is the worst possible way to teach a dog to be obedient. The dog has no idea what is going on. The dog is not in a state of mind to be able to think about what is happening and why.

Then when you look at the damage that is being inflicted to the dog's neck when it's jerked around in such a way. The larynx can be crushed, vertebra can be dislocated, severe muscle damage can occur, and guess where a pretty big thyroid gland is located and if damaged can cause serious side effects in the future? The neck. You would not believe how many reports there are of dogs dying are receiving brain damage from being trained in such a manner.

Dobermans are an incredibly smart dog when trained to bring out their potential they can do amazing things. Obedience, Disc, Agility, Dock Diving, scent detection - they can do it all when trained in an appropriate way.

1017306_10151744206073417_1852469073_n.jpg

The worst part is when you see dog trainers on TV using unscientific methods people DO mimic them and animals get hurt. People like Cesar Millan, and Brad Pattison should not have TV shows whereas people like victoria Stillwell, and Zak George who have amazing training advice that anyone can use without harming their dogs are constantly overlooked.

Anyhow defending this man is insane. He is a criminal and he is abusing animals.

for some reason you think i am defending this man.
no, i said that the correction with dob (only)was not too forceful.

http://leerburg.com/corrections.htm

"An example of a level 10 correction would be a leash correction hard enough to jerk the dog off its feet. Just to make it clear, a level 10 corrections is seldom used, just like high level stem in remote trainers is seldom used...

First, let us examine the theory behind what we are doing. When a pack leader gives a lower ranking member of the pack an order, the lower ranking member complies because it accepts its position in the pack and it is not ready to challenge the authority of the leader.

When a dog refuses a known command from his owner this is a clear indication that there is confusion in the relationship between the handler and his or her dog. This is often a sign that the dog does not respect his handler.

The way I approach escalating corrections is to be very clear in my training.

When a dog first refuses a command I simply give a voice correction (NO!) along with a delayed leash or collar correction that is appropriate for the dog's temperament.

If the dog still does not comply, I repeat the command and give the dog an opportunity to again comply. If it continues to ignore the second command the level of the second correction is much much higher. In other words, if the first correction was a level 4 the second correction is going to be a level 8 or 9 correction.

I make it very clear that the dog MUST comply.

I don’t escalate from level 4 to level 5 and then level 6 to level 7 until I get to a level that the dog submits and complies. I jump right from level 4 to level 8 with the second correction.

The way I look at this is, I know in my mind that the dog understands the command. (It’s a huge mistake to do this if the dog does not fully understand the meaning of the command.) I am fair with the dog in giving him a normal correction the first time. When he refuses that command a second time he is disrespecting me. In essence he is challenging my rank in the pack, so I must make it very, very clear that this will not be tolerated."
'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back