Armed psycho on the loose in our mountains- MURDER!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
Yesterday three young men went to their hunting cabin and were held at gunpoint by a man claiming that they were on his property.

He herded them into the cabin, where they plead for their lives, and asked him to just let them go. His response was that he had to shoot them otherwise the police would shoot HIM.

He left them in the room and started loading guns and ammunition into their Polaris. He had the engine running, so under cover of that noise the young men escaped out of the window and ran off. He soon started searching for them, but luckily they were able to stay under cover.

Last night at about 11p.m. a man was found murdered in a nearby canyon, and they suspect that he was the assailant.

Our whole community is now on high alert. An automated call was made with a description of the suspect, so hopefully everyone is aware.

Firstpup and Queenpup are both off at work, but I and Colliepup are both armed and have ready access to our long guns as well.

Please send positive thoughts and prayers to our little community.

I will update as the situation develops.

Saty safe, stay armed, MSD. He sounds completely psycho, which is the scariest kind of killer there is. Thank goodness for your many dogs--they'll give you notice if he comes your way.

Thoughts and prayers for your whole community that everyone comes out of this safe and sound. :clover: :clover: :clover:

MaggieJ":28mf1vgj said:
Thank goodness for your many dogs--they'll give you notice if he comes your way.

Now more than ever I am grateful to have my "pack". There is no way he can sneak onto our property.

Unfortunately, he seems to be familiar with the area. To get from point A to point B he had to know the back roads, unless he is just wandering aimlessly.

They suspect he may now be on a dirt bike (they recovered the Polaris), which means he can easily navigate not only the dirt roads (even those in poor condition), but game trails as well.

Scary stuff. :x

I am going to go make Chewzits, because that is always very relaxing. :)

Thanks everybody.

News story below:

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/story/d ... xRRBnvg1Hg

BAKERSFIELD, CA - Sheriff's officials were investigating a man's death inside a rural cabin in Jawbone Canyon Friday and said it may be possibly related to a kidnapping case in Twin Oaks earlier this week.

Officials said they were notified of a person found dead inside a cabin off Jawbone Canyon and Highway 14 around midnight. Sheriff's deputies, a SWAT team and homicide detectives were called to the scene and found the man shot inside the cabin around 9 a.m. Friday. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Kern County Sheriff's office spokesman Ray Pruitt said this incident may be related to a kidnapping and hostage situation in Twin Oaks earlier this week because of the proximity of the two locations, which are about 10 miles apart. He also said the suspect in the Twin Oaks kidnapping case is still on the loose.

Residents in the Jawbone Canyon, Kelso Valley, Caliente, and Walker Basin areas should be on the lookout for any suspicious people or stolen vehicles, Pruitt said. Anyone with information on these cases is urged to call the Kern County Sheriff's Office at 861-3110.

I definitely second that it's cool you have dogs. Unfortunately, it's very likely he would start shooting them if confronted, but at least you would have some warning! Scary stuff. :eek:

Susie570":3pdg858n said:
I definitely second that it's cool you have dogs. Unfortunately, it's very likely he would start shooting them if confronted, but at least you would have some warning!

Quite true, but the dogs see/hear people coming from a distance. They usually alert us when they approach to within a half to quarter mile, getting progressively more on guard as they come closer or turn down our road.

There is very little traffic here- today someone went to visit our neighbors and the UPS guy delivered a package here. Otherwise no vehicles of any kind, lol, so when the dogs hear something they are on it. :)

Also, as far as I know he only has a shotgun so wouldn't have the range to hit the dogs if he was at our gate and they were lined up on the hill looking toward the gate which is their typical stance... but even if he has a rifle, I would rather the dogs get shot than my kids.

So far he has avoided the more densely populated areas (houses every half mile or so), but he is still within only a few miles of us as the crow flies. :x Not good.

I don't think he'll want to come anywhere near your dogs once he hears them. I hope they find him soon. I don't how I'd sleep knowing he's out there. :cry:

Not good at all, MSD . . . but if any family is equipped to cope with it, it's yours.

I just hope they catch him before he hurts or kills someone else.

Does my memory serve me correctly that there was a previous incident a year or two or three ago?

I found an update:

Subject: Update To Kidnap Investigation
Details: On 7/29/2015 at 4:11 pm, the Sheriff’s Office was notified of a stolen vehicle taken from 12400 Caliente Creek Road between the hours of 2:40 pm to 3:45 pm. The vehicle is described as a White 2011 Dodge 3500, four- door dually pick-up truck, California License #22009B1. The vehicle is missing both front hub caps. The keys were left in the vehicle It is unknown if this vehicle is associated with the earlier kidnapping. If anyone sees this vehicle they are asked to call the Sheriff’s Office immediately. If an emergency call 9-1-1, non-emergency call 661-861-3110 or 1-800-861-3110.

The update would have been posted at 7:11pm Eastern.

http://www.kernsheriff.com/misc/News/Pages/default.aspx

*prayers for you and yours and your neighbors sent*

These kinds of things can be so nerve-wracking. But you have the bark...and the bite. I just hope he gets caught before someone else gets hurt.

This is absolutely horrifying! I pray he is apprehended quickly and that nobody else gets hurt or killed. Sounds like you have a good alarm system in place! :D

He does sound completely out of his head! Awfully scary! Thoughts and prayers for your family and those nearby...I hope the police are able to catch him soon! And before he hurts anyone else!

MaggieJ":1edb7se7 said:
Not good at all, MSD . . . but if any family is equipped to cope with it, it's yours.

That's for sure, lol! We are about to take Advanced Defensive Handgun III again just to stay sharp. It starts tomorrow, and we are all really looking forward to training with people that have become such good friends.

Does my memory serve me correctly that there was a previous incident a year or two or three ago?

Ummm... no... all I can think of is there was a domestic dispute homicide where a man shot and killed his partner.

Other than that, we had a lot of thefts and breakins last year, but only just along the one and only paved road that goes through our community.

That's why I say this guy is smart- if I was going to steal or otherwise commit crimes against others, it would be in the remotest possible areas. Not right in the thick of things where being seen is so much more likely.

I just hope they catch him before he hurts or kills someone else.
Marinea":1edb7se7 said:
I just hope he gets caught before someone else gets hurt.
Phacelia":1edb7se7 said:
This is absolutely horrifying! I pray he is apprehended quickly and that nobody else gets hurt or killed.
bikegurl":1edb7se7 said:
Thoughts and prayers for your family and those nearby...I hope the police are able to catch him soon! And before he hurts anyone else!

Thanks, all. :)

We have seen some helicopters flying around, so apparently he is still at large. I haven't heard of any other incidents, so hopefully they will find and apprehend him before he brings harm to anyone else.

Back