Anyone going to the Bakersfield, Ca. show? Results!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
I'll be attending the KCRBA show this Saturday January 26th... are any of our California members planning on attending?

Not I. Too far.
The next weekend Feb. 2 is a show in Stockton. I might go to that.
Then the weekend of Feb 22-24 is the California State convention in Turlock. I'm trying to get my family up to speed on rabbit care, etc. so I can go to that one. There are workshops on Friday night and 2 shows each day on Sat & Sunday. They also have junior "royalty" events for the younger exhibitors. I'd be willing to share a room if you think you can go to that one. Let me know.

I think I'm going to the Stockton show on the 2nd... Just to help a friend pick out a breed she likes. I'm not planning to show any myself.

I want to go to to the Stockton show but don't think I can afford it. hope you are able to go to the Bakersfield show and enjoy yourself.

caroline":1ogkuyg8 said:
Feb 22-24 is the California State convention in Turlock. I'm trying to get my family up to speed on rabbit care, etc. so I can go to that one. There are workshops on Friday night and 2 shows each day on Sat & Sunday. They also have junior "royalty" events for the younger exhibitors. I'd be willing to share a room if you think you can go to that one. Let me know.

I had to talk to Hubs, but I do believe this is a go! It would be myself, my daughter and my youngest son. Still interested in sharing a room? :twisted:

I assume this is a cooped show and the rabbits will be checked in on Friday? I have only ever attended one day shows... do the coops have feeders and waterers provided, or do we bring our own?

MamaSheepdog":q05g65ou said:
caroline":q05g65ou said:
Feb 22-24 is the California State convention in Turlock. I'm trying to get my family up to speed on rabbit care, etc. so I can go to that one. There are workshops on Friday night and 2 shows each day on Sat & Sunday. They also have junior "royalty" events for the younger exhibitors. I'd be willing to share a room if you think you can go to that one. Let me know.

I had to talk to Hubs, but I do believe this is a go! It would be myself, my daughter and my youngest son. Still interested in sharing a room? :twisted:

I assume this is a cooped show and the rabbits will be checked in on Friday? I have only ever attended one day shows... do the coops have feeders and waterers provided, or do we bring our own?
Yippee! This sounds exciting. I don't know the answer ot your question but will post on the yahoo California rabbit show group and get the answer.I'll make the hotel reservation now :) :)

Whoo-hoo! The kids are super excited about going, and so am I! :D

I've never been to a show that large, and am really looking forward to hearing the speakers.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 pm __________<br /><br />My Beveren were the only two entered at the show. My doe took BOB and the buck took BOSB in A & B.

The Jersey Woolys did well in their classes, but there weren't enough entries to garner Legs.

The Rex did fairly well overall, and the exhibitor that constantly puts snotty-nosed rabbits on the table was not in attendance, so that was a great relief to myself and the other young lady who is my most frequent competitor. I think I only got one Leg out of it all though. :?

My buck 'Lectric Blue took BOB in the B show! :p

Also, I did end up filling my extra transport cage with two bunnies- a Siamese Sable mini rex buck and a chocolate MR doe. They were free as part of a herd reduction, and my friend and her son fell in love with the little guys, so took them home. :)

The judge for Rex in the A show also awarded me "Best Tattoos of the Day"! Lol! :hooray:

Any pics on here of your tats so we can see what impressed the judges? LOL are they bunny tats by chance? :mrgreen:

MamaMandy":3vhfbmf6 said:
Any pics on here of your tats so we can see what impressed the judges? LOL are they bunny tats by chance? :mrgreen:

Lol! EAR tattoos! I don't have any "ink" on me. :roll:

I was just folding clothes and realized no doubt you meant ear tattoos! LOL hahahaha! If I could find just the right thing I'd *consider* getting a small tat of a rabbit. I mean with having rabbitosis, 8 children, and recurring rabbit dreams, it seems appropriate. LOL

3mina":ias9n91t said:
No new rabbits huh?
Peach":ias9n91t said:
Not bring any rabbits home....you are so funny ;) Bunny math means you bring back 2 more haha

I was only the "transporter"! My friend and her son have them, not me!

I was strong, and resisted temptation. :flex:

It is probably a good thing there weren't any other Beveren exhibitors there though, or I probably would have come home with another doe. :whistle:

I'm going to that show because I'm currently looking to purchase a bunny. I'm from the visalia/tulare area and I'm looking for a breeder locally or someone at that show who has rabbits for sell.

I like to purchase a
-mini rex
-mini lop
-angora
-netherland dwarf
-american fuzzy lop
-lionhead
-jersey wooley
-french lop

Or anything similar to those breeds.

If you're going to the show and sellimg one of those breeds or knows a breeder who is please let me know. You may contact me at [email protected]

Back