Anyone ever have a Cyclops in a litter? I did.*VERY GRAPHIC*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock:

It looks like a deformed piglet.

Honestly, I am having a hard time figuring out what the different features on the head are...

Wheels":v866ux6x said:
wow... ears, nasal cavity and tongue? no jaws? It was gruesome at first glance but now just unfortunate and bizarre.

I think the thing that looks like a nasal cavity is the SINGLE EYE. :p :x

Yeah that's a pretty unique deformity. I've not seem anything like that before!!!

Wheels":1dftdhgc said:
wow... ears, nasal cavity and tongue? no jaws? It was gruesome at first glance but now just unfortunate and bizarre.
Indeed. It looks like the front of the skull didn't develop at all. Very...odd...and kind of gross.

lol, ok so the "crater looking thing" in the middle of the forehead is the eye socket. the little holes underneath is the nasal passages, which the tongue grew up and out though. there is a mouth underneath the tongue thing. The eyeball is missing. Help at all?

I guess this happens sometimes, with little explanation, lets just count our blessings lol, and thank the gods, it was DOA and not crawling around the nest box :-x ...I shutter to think what I would of done if I found one alive.......I hope its not hereditary ////AND Much luck on the remaining babies!!!! .............................. :p

There's been some weird kits this season. At first I thought mine as genetic, but with more people having them, perhaps the crazy weather caused some time of imbalance and gestational issues?

skysthelimit":1p9nytj8 said:
There's been some weird kits this season. At first I thought mine as genetic, but with more people having them, perhaps the crazy weather caused some time of imbalance and gestational issues?

GMO feeds? pesticide spraying (some counties in TX spray for mosquitoes)? Fukushima radiation spread? The rabbit gods are angry?

huntress86":28vxfp2s said:
lol, ok so the "crater looking thing" in the middle of the forehead is the eye socket. the little holes underneath is the nasal passages, which the tongue grew up and out though. there is a mouth underneath the tongue thing. The eyeball is missing. Help at all?
It's kind of like attempting to explain a Picasso.

It looks very similar to Cyclopia in humans (and cats). A bit more grotesque, but that's probably just because what's immediately available on the internet is slightly censored.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've had no genetic problems in any of my rabbit breeds. Nothing weird ever shows up in the nestbox except colors I didn't expect.

Back