Anyone ever have a Cyclops in a litter? I did.*VERY GRAPHIC*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntress86

Reaction score
So I had the much anticipated litter of Silver Martens over the weekend, and she had 3 DOA, 3 live, and one Cyclops. I've talked to BH about it on facebook before anyone else and we had our doubts, but I talked to and showed my vet, and I guess it's super rare but Janet it's true!!! Before anyone gets any ideas, my Martens are not from the Hills Have Eyes or Wrong Turn, although it could have stared in either easily, lol. They are not related, lol. Rabbit naïve people keep bringing this up. BH mentioned that looks like it was chewed by the mother trying to get it out, but the vet cleaned it off. It did have a single eye socket in the middle and well, I'll post pictures if enough people are interested. Also every kit was bloody as she is a first time mom whom didn't clean them or even build a nest. The three she had on Friday are still alive, although I suspect she is over feeding them..I've somehow turned into a local interest, and people won't leave me alone on FB..sooo does anyone want to see this? Or better yet please tell me out of all the members we have I'm not the only one to have a true Cyclops. I will warn you, the pictures are very graphic and I will have to label the post as such..

Heck yeah!

I've had an otherwise normal kit who's right eye was missing and another with a tiny malformed eye but never a 'Cyclops'

I'm gonna google it right now!

I once had a kit born that had once eye socket, and the nose and mouth were all just sort of one hole. The poor thing looked pitiful. It was dead when I found it. It was a litter of 8 with 5peanuts and him. I may have a picture, I can remember if I put it on photobucket before my phone went ka put

I passed everyone's request for pics onto her on fb. They're disgusting, though, so be warned.

OK guys Im trying to upload pictures as we speak..

__________ Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:38 pm __________

In these pictures it was alive too. I culled it, I'm sure it was in agony..

__________ Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm __________

Can a mod please label the thread as very graphic please? im trying to hurry and get it but I cant seem to find where I do it.<br /><br />__________ Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm __________<br /><br />never mind, I got it.

Back