Any Suggestions For My Logo?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbits by Accident

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, if there's a better place for it let me know and I'll move it. I decided to fool around on the computer tonight and make a logo for my rabbitry, since I finally came up with a name. I was going to draw a rabbit, but then thought it would be 'quicker' to use an actual photo of one of my rabbits - HAH! not so much. But anyway, it was a bit of fun.

Any suggestions, comments, critiques? Don't hold back, I'm a professional artist and all critique is useful (if only so I can think what a philistine someone is hahaha) No, seriously, if you think it's too busy, or whatever, let me know. It's just a 'first draft' (or maybe final draft depending on how long I can maintain enthusiasm for this project)

logo2sc.png logo1-bc.png

Thanks for looking!

- Liz

Last edited:
Yup, what ROC said! The business card shaped one is a better presentation. The other would be a good shape for a bottle label or a label for bags of 'natural fertilizer'?

If it were me, I'd find a euphemism for 'meat producer'. Starting out with a 'friendly pet' is all warm and fuzzy, but then it ends with the <insert huge gasp here> 'axe murderer tendencies' of a meat producer!. OMG, how could you to the poor innocent bunny! etc., etc. I'm just guessing the point of view of the general public, though, maybe they're more enlightened that I give them credit for? Something less obvious perhaps, although I dunno what it would be. Maybe somthing like "friendly pets, heat tolerant, perfect for the sustainable farmstead" except that takes too long.

Nice subtle red, white & blue on the color choices. Kinda traditional with a modern lilt. Maybe lighten up the shadow on the front of the bunny? Lots of image editing programs out there, maybe one of them will let you lighten just a portion? If it was an all over lighten, by the time it gets lighter, it may make the light on the top of the bunny's head too bright. A lighter shade there would keep the movement going from the outside where we are in towards the name and information - if that makes any sense? The big pink ears pop the bunny to the front, seems the shadow pushes him back in. Hmm, although that may be good, so pay no attention to me.

All this commentary is just twitchy fussy, it's perfectly fine the way it is. Good job!

Yup, what ROC said! The business card shaped one is a better presentation. The other would be a good shape for a bottle label or a label for bags of 'natural fertilizer'?

If it were me, I'd find a euphemism for 'meat producer'. Starting out with a 'friendly pet' is all warm and fuzzy, but then it ends with the <insert huge gasp here> 'axe murderer tendencies' of a meat producer!. OMG, how could you to the poor innocent bunny! etc., etc. I'm just guessing the point of view of the general public, though, maybe they're more enlightened that I give them credit for? Something less obvious perhaps, although I dunno what it would be. Maybe somthing like "friendly pets, heat tolerant, perfect for the sustainable farmstead" except that takes too long.

Nice subtle red, white & blue on the color choices. Kinda traditional with a modern lilt. Maybe lighten up the shadow on the front of the bunny? Lots of image editing programs out there, maybe one of them will let you lighten just a portion? If it was an all over lighten, by the time it gets lighter, it may make the light on the top of the bunny's head too bright. A lighter shade there would keep the movement going from the outside where we are in towards the name and information - if that makes any sense? The big pink ears pop the bunny to the front, seems the shadow pushes him back in. Hmm, although that may be good, so pay no attention to me.

All this commentary is just twitchy fussy, it's perfectly fine the way it is. Good job!

The r/w/b thing escaped me LOL that was a fluke - I just like turquoise. I think I will change that to a truer blue!

huh I thought the shadow pushed her forward more :)

Yeah, about the 'meat producer' part - I probably sell pet/meat 50/50 ... and I was just telling a woman that is buying her second pet rabbit that the one I want her to get is the smallest in the litter and too small for meat haha. After I sent the text, I thought I probably shouldn't have said that :D

I don't have any image editing program, except the vector graphics freebie from Silhouette. Great program, but really only exports as a cut file for their cutter. It does great lettering, etc, but graphics not so much. I need to look into a program, but it tends to turn my computer into tar baby and I get stuck for hours (days?)

Free open-source Libre Office (click here if you're interested) has a graphics module, I have downloaded it but never even opened it yet.

I can draw a rabbit for you if you need it 👀👀

But anyway...
I like the bottom part of the first one (Quality Tamuks and under) and the top part of the second one (Name and separator)
huh I don't like that dotted line thing LOL - this is why I like input from others!

Thank you for the art offer :) I really need to draw once in awile. Maybe we should start a thread with our rabbit-themed art!

Maybe “a rabbit that can do it all”
Or put size/weights on average at 6 months or something and THEN put excellent pets as well… those looking for meat will know they are big enough and those looking for pets won’t get it! Or fryers instead of meat producer….? Just throwing it out there
The r/w/b thing escaped me LOL that was a fluke - I just like turquoise. I think I will change that to a truer blue!

huh I thought the shadow pushed her forward more :)

Yeah, about the 'meat producer' part - I probably sell pet/meat 50/50 ... and I was just telling a woman that is buying her second pet rabbit that the one I want her to get is the smallest in the litter and too small for meat haha. After I sent the text, I thought I probably shouldn't have said that :D

I don't have any image editing program, except the vector graphics freebie from Silhouette. Great program, but really only exports as a cut file for their cutter. It does great lettering, etc, but graphics not so much. I need to look into a program, but it tends to turn my computer into tar baby and I get stuck for hours (days?)

Free open-source Libre Office (click here if you're interested) has a graphics module, I have downloaded it but never even opened it yet.

Hey, my 2 cents FWIW, you have probably thought this through. I have been raising Tamuk for going on 2 years. I did make 3 pet sales right at first. One went well, the other two were more trouble than it was worth. It is a completely different market. I wouldn't refuse to sell one for a pet but I definitely don't advertise that way. You may find different. Most of my sales are to new rabbit people for breeders. I do love the actual picture of a rabbit on there!

Hey, my 2 cents FWIW, you have probably thought this through. I have been raising Tamuk for going on 2 years. I did make 3 pet sales right at first. One went well, the other two were more trouble than it was worth. It is a completely different market. I wouldn't refuse to sell one for a pet but I definitely don't advertise that way. You may find different. Most of my sales are to new rabbit people for breeders. I do love the actual picture of a rabbit on there!
I tend to sell 50/50 pets/meat. People in Texas don't seem to be put off by my asking do you want these for breeding or for pet. The only issue I've had with any of the pets I've sold is when I sold two females and one turned out to be a male. But, I actually made out on that one, I got the rabbit back and the cage with no refund, although I offered to buy the cage back. So I made $80 and got the rabbit and my extra cage back LOL. (not that I wanted him back LOL) I will also have 3 kits to sell when they are old enough.

At one point, I had both types of rabbits. Now the 'pets' are preferably the smaller ones in the litter, since I got rid of the last of my 'pet' breeders. However, I get the same price, so it really doesn't matter to me.

I tend to sell 50/50 pets/meat. People in Texas don't seem to be put off by my asking do you want these for breeding or for pet. The only issue I've had with any of the pets I've sold is when I sold two females and one turned out to be a male. But, I actually made out on that one, I got the rabbit back and the cage with no refund, although I offered to buy the cage back. So I made $80 and got the rabbit and my extra cage back LOL. (not that I wanted him back LOL) I will also have 3 kits to sell when they are old enough.

At one point, I had both types of rabbits. Now the 'pets' are preferably the smaller ones in the litter, since I got rid of the last of my 'pet' breeders. However, I get the same price, so it really doesn't matter to me.
Well that is fantastic! It just goes to show that everyone may have a different experience. Tamuks definitely can make good pets. We have one in the house right now - a doe that get a bit chonky on me and I hope will run off some weight.

Latest posts

Back