Any idea what this is?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said to call wednesday if they didn't get back to me so I'll see tomorrow.

__________ Wed May 01, 2013 3:55 pm __________

Results negative, so I was an idiot as usual, but a safe idiot.

Now I gotta get him back into his regular cage so he stops pouting at me.

Aw, Phil, he really does appreciate all you went through for him :p

As for never getting ringworm after one time, well, IME, that isn't true. I have had ringworm 3x in my life. The most recent one was when a rabbit scratched me last summer. I didn't know I had it until my tummy started itching and I reached under my shirt to scratch it ... OMG, I've got a ringworm!!!! How on earth did that happen???? I just treated it with Funginail we had in the cabinet ... cleared it up in 3 days. Good Grief, I haven't had one since I played with 1) a friend's cat ... they carry it from walking/rolling around in the dirt, and 2) a friend's dog that had a fight with a cat the week before and was developing it too back when I was a kid. Back then, we just scrubbed with Physohex and painted with clear nail polish.

So, even if your buns don't show ringworm, if they are on the ground (like mine), and they scratch you, you could develop ringworm, so keep an eye on you and the kids :) It is more prevalent in drought summers for those that are still in the drought.

AnnClaire":25e2zt91 said:

He through a giant hissy fit an hour ago when I went to take him out of his cage to the outside runs for daily exercise now that he's out of quarantine. He thought he might be going back to the small cage and flipped :D

phillinley":22tcbuwr said:
He through a giant hissy fit an hour ago when I went to take him out of his cage to the outside runs for daily exercise now that he's out of quarantine. He thought he might be going back to the small cage and flipped :D
NO!!! Nononononono no no no!

Oh....

:lol:

AnnClaire":1xzj61x8 said:

As for never getting ringworm after one time, well, IME, that isn't true. I have had ringworm 3x in my life. The most recent one was when a rabbit scratched me last summer. I didn't know I had it until my tummy started itching and I reached under my shirt to scratch it ... OMG, I've got a ringworm!!!! How on earth did that happen???? I just treated it with Funginail we had in the cabinet ... cleared it up in 3 days. Good Grief, I haven't had one since I played with 1) a friend's cat ... they carry it from walking/rolling around in the dirt, and 2) a friend's dog that had a fight with a cat the week before and was developing it too back when I was a kid. Back then, we just scrubbed with Physohex and painted with clear nail polish.

So, even if your buns don't show ringworm, if they are on the ground (like mine), and they scratch you, you could develop ringworm, so keep an eye on you and the kids :) It is more prevalent in drought summers for those that are still in the drought.

This is good to know. I would have thought the opposite. Ohio has been in drought summers two years now, I think.

Sky, I grew up in Oklahoma and have been through several droughts ... some for only one summer, some for years like this one. I have had veterinarians confirm that anthrax, tetnus, and ringworm can survive in the dry dust ... also in drought years like this, rabies is more virulent and can be contracted by breathing the same air for relatively short exposures in close confines with a rabid animal (say, under a house). Just a week or so ago, I caught the state Ag Report which said there have been 19 confirmed cases of rabid wild animals ... mostly skunks and raccoons. We usually only have one every few years. Another thing they don't generally mention is that rabies can be contracted by scavengers eating from a rabid carcass ... it is absorbed through the mucous linings in the mouth and nose. This is a year that I will have my dog vaccinated even though the rabies vaccine is generally good for 3 years.

Latest posts

Back