Another "is this enough" question.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dthomas

Reaction score
Right now i'm feeding equal parts wheat/oats/boss (black oil sunflower seeds) and free choice alfalfa hay along with salt/mineral licks and water. Is this enough? Everyone seems to be good and i even had one have a litter of 9:) is there anything else yall would add to this?

What you are feeding is a good basic diet.

Do you feed fresh foods at all? Some safe tree branches, with our without leaves, vegetable trimmings, the occasional piece of carrot or apple, outer leaves of romaine etc. are all good things to add. I don't know how the winter vegetation is in your part of Texas, but see the Safe Plants List for ideas. Always, with rabbits, make changes slowly.

safe-plants-for-rabbits-list-t55.html

Edited to add:
Sprouted grain and BOSS are also excellent additions, whether just sprouted or taken all the way to fodder.

fodder-sprouting-systems-anyone-t10317.html

MaggieJ":33aw42oi said:
What you are feeding is a good basic diet.

Do you feed fresh foods at all? Some safe tree branches, with our without leaves, vegetable trimmings, the occasional piece of carrot or apple, outer leaves of romaine etc. are all good things to add. I don't know how the winter vegetation is in your part of Texas, but see the Safe Plants List for ideas. Always, with rabbits, make changes slowly.

safe-plants-for-rabbits-list-t55.html

Edited to add:
Sprouted grain and BOSS are also excellent additions, whether just sprouted or taken all the way to fodder.

fodder-sprouting-systems-anyone-t10317.html

I do feed either fresh fruits and veggies (today they had an apple slice and a few leaves of lettuce along with the other) and sometimes i feed fodder but these aren't always. If i could get on the ball i wouild feed fodder everyday but for some reason i cant remember to keep it up :x

Latest posts

Back