another huge litter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isdapous

Reaction score
10 days ago, our black doe (silver fox cross maybe) had 10 kits and all are doing well. One runt, but even it is gaining, but only 1/2 the size of the other kits.

Got up this morning to our Rex/NZ cross having another huge litter. I think there are at least 13 or even 14 kits in there. I didn't have time to really count carefully this morning before work, but did clearly see 13 noses. 2 pink, 1 white blaze and a boatload of grey babies. We will take them out and look them over and weigh them this evening. Hopefully get some pics as well.

For 4 months, nuttin in the baby dept!!! :cry: Now it is a veritable cornucopia of popples at Big Dog Rabbitry!!!! :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :pancake: :pancake:

Good gracious! 13??? :shock:

You may want to supplement her with foods that enhance milk production, such as parsley and borage.

Congratulations on the litter!

I personally desire huge litters but I know some people don't like them. Congrats on all the babies!

Wow thats a big litter. Gets me thinking, what has been the biggest litter to date?

coffeenutdesigns":1weamwcl said:
I personally desire huge litters but I know some people don't like them. Congrats on all the babies!

I like them if the doe can handle them. I have got my mini rex caring for up to 9!

There are 14. Littlest just an ounce, biggest just under 2 ounces. We may let the other doe nurse a few of these if needed. Just after weighing them, Beans popped into the box and fed them for a good 10 minutes. All looked very good when I got home from work, at least 12 hours after I found them this morning.
My buns get parsley daily. The nursing does get the most and the rest that enjoy it get a sprig or two every night as a treat.
I have borage oil for my dogs, but no borage leaves. Can I puncture a hole in a capsule and put the oil on her pellets?
I also give alfalfa cubes to the does, but none of the other buns.
All have free access to grass hay and measured pellets. Nursing Moms get unlimited pellets.

Back